Ziggo mediabox next

Try to log out the homey app and log in again and log in at the homey ziggo app again.

Nope… didn’t work :expressionless:

It seems like my Next isn’t administratively activated yet which is a requirement as mentioned before.
Actually, I hope this is the problem I’m having. If anything changes in the coming couple of days I’ll report back.

1 Like

Fully activated now and working :smiley:

1 Like

Having the same problems as mentioned above: Have the Ziggo app installed and when i login with my Ziggo credentials a mediabox is found. I can control it but only toggling on and off. So not specifically on or off, which is what you need to make this app useful. As far as i (and Ziggo helpdesk) can see/check everything is configured ok. Running out of ideas for now so any help is appreciated.

I had to setup the energylevel in standby to high.

setup the energylevel in standby to high as Rob says

Yes, standby power level was already on high ;-(

Look at the attachment for the behaviour of the box. You see turn on followed by turn off within a second. Very strange…

Update:

After checking with the Ziggo helpdesk a 2nd time to make sure everything was ok because it occurred to me that the serial number on the bottom of the media box has 2 more numbers compared to the “mijn ziggo” entry. Ziggo confirmed that this is normal. We then discussed to replace the box to see if a new box would be freshly configured/provisioned in their systems and hopefully fixing the problems. But sadly the new box behaves the same as the old box. I am afraid there is a bug in the ziggo homey app. I have reached out to athom and they escalated this case to their dev team. Fingers crossed that they are able to find and fix this.

Cheers
Onno