Zigbee not pairing, athom not responding

Hello Pitris,

OK, after reading your post, to me they are not ignoring you, but they apparently don’t have a standard solution.

Are you keeping the distance between H. and the zigbee device within 10 cm?
You are aware of the wifi - zigbee interference possibility? Did you tune the channels?
Any neighbors with strong 2.4GHz wifi signals?
Your issues sound like wifi interference to me…

It works best when you pres the pair button briefly every 2 s to keep them from sleeping.
I don’t understand why you don’t have time for this. When waiting for a device to pair, you sort of have no other option than to hold the device close to the nearest router device for that one minute.
Are you sure you put brand new batteries in those devices (just to make sure a half rotten battery is not the issue…)

I really have no clue what that even means. Can you share screenshots?

OK, I just suggested that to your post here

In theory this should work, but you really need to add more router devices (preferrably prior to any battery powered device) in my opinion.
The device limit indeed is no issue with ~25 devices;
While you don’t mention your H. model:
A Pro 2023 should be able to handle up to 250 zigbee devices, but it’s zigbee implementation is still not 100% stable / bug free, as I understand from Emile (Athom creative director).

2.4GHz vs. 433MHz, they cannot affect each other.
Keep in mind when closing/opening more than 2 or 3 blinds at once, it can occur random ones don’t always respond. Try to operate them with a second in between.

I’m afraid it’s the only option you have, unless support comes up with a cunning plan…
Make sure to fix your wifi channel to 1, 6 or 11 prior to resetting your zigbee network.

I´m happy to announce you gonna have to spend some time to do some pairing again (START WITH ALL ROUTER DEVICES), but you’re not doomed, while @martijnpoppen made this wonderful script to replace your devices and thus repair your flows:

(Not sure if it helps to brighten your mood, but I have had to reset Homey’s zigbee twice, and had to start from scratch with Home Assistant zigbee 3 times ( I bricked one zigbee dongle, bought another one, and later on my NUC died on me, along with it’s SDD. So I decided to start over with setting it all up).)

1 Like