Zaptec app for Homey?

@pwad

Done. It works as expected: I was able to stop / start charging. Status of variable “charging” (boolean) was correctly set.
Regarding your remark on the UI behavior: Did you change the device class of “car connected” to an alarm or something like that? It now blinks red as an active alarm (as a motion sensor would do when motion is deteced) if a car is connected. Well, I can live with that :slight_smile:

For now, I have no further errors seen so far. Everything I have in use works as expected so far. Once you think the time is right and If it helps, I can test all interactions of the app more systematic. What do you think?

@Atle_Lunde : I did not test all available flow cards, but at least “Set available current to” worked as expected.

2 Likes

Did you get any entries in the debug log, visible in device settings? If so, can you paste it here?

It will rather quickly be overwritten in the log. I would need the log from about a minute or two after you tried to start charging (and it failed).

It works fine now, starting charging via Homey app.
All flow cards (when and then) seem to be working except for the “if-cards” car is charging and car is connected (Havent tried charging is finished). It wont trigger, as it says false even tho its true. If i invert the card it will trigger.
Logic works as it should, charging yes/no and car connected yes/no

Great job with the app btw :grinning::clap:

Hm thats strange: I cannot confirm this behavior with my installation.

I’ve tested if…
Car connects
disconnects
starts charging
stops charging

all of them worked properly

Oh im sorry I ment “and” cards

Do you mind testing them again with the latest release?

@pwad
I tested the “and” cards:

• is connected
  • is charging
  • charging is finished

All of them react always as false (not connected, not charging, charging not finished) even if the car is connected, charging, charging finished in reallity.

It’s not always the opposite, its always in “false” state.

Awesome @pwad that you have written an Zaptec integration for Homey. Is it already available to download/install? I’m unable to find it in the app store and would like to test.

2 Likes

I also would like to test the app with my two newly installed Zaptec goes

We have to wait for @pwad. He has not been around here since April 2. though…
The app already works fine for what I’m using it for (basically logging and statistics) so I see no reason to not release it as a test version to get more testing and feedback.

It’s been ten days already. Time sure goes fast when the schedule is full. I have not forgotten :slight_smile: Perhaps we should release it with broken condition cards, or optionally remove them for now. I agree with good basic functionality.

I’ll look into it tonight. I have had event streaming running on my computer to try it out, as an alternative to polling. But that’s something for later perhaps.

Do what you are comfortable with! :slight_smile:
(You’ll be the one dealing with the support here so…)

That said, I do feel there is for sure a value in letting people try it out as-is. (with release notes describing known issues of course)

It’s live now! May still be issues with the condition cards.

3 Likes

I just found this thread and this app and I just want to say a big thank you pwad and everyone that has contributed.
Excellent work. Been waiting for Zaptec support for so long. :smile:

@pwad

I found a bug, would you be able to look at it when you get a chance?

If you set the current limit of your wallbox to 0A/0A/0A (no power outlet allowed) it shows 16A as current limit. All other values are correctly displayed.

I’m quite intrigued with the fact that it set 16A and not 40A (hardcoded fallback value). I wonder if it’s a quirk of the Zaptec API. How does your debug log look?

@pwad

Log is quiet unspectacular:
[2023-05-02T20:09:52.735Z] Updated available current

Just to clarify and to prevent missunderstanding: If I set to 0A, my Zaptec Wallbox does the right thing: It sets the current level to 0A. The only error is the value displayed in the app that shows 16A even if the Zaptec Box is set to 0A.

If this value effectly comes from the Zaptec cloud:
There is a DIP in my Wallbox that defines the max allowed A of my installation in my case it’s 16A. This value is also visible in my Zaptec account as max A. The Zaptec Cloud always displays the correct current A level.

I think I managed to fix it! Try 1.3.4 out when it comes :slight_smile: