Zaptec app for Homey?

@pwad
Cool, now it works as expected! Thanks!

In the zaptec portal and app you can authenticate the charging session if it is restricted to give power to only registered users. Is this function availabe lib the homey pp?

I am getting “invalid_driver” error when I try to add a Zaptec GO device. This happens immediately when I click on add a device.

Is this a known bug?

No it’s not! Can you send a diagnostics report after getting invalid driver? You’ll find it under the apps settings.

Thanks for the reply.
I did and here is the code:
c3f3a38b-b29d-4707-8663-35ca6e074127

Hey M_N,

Just wanted to ping back that I got the report and I know see what the error is. Could it be possible for you to enter the beta to test the changes when I do release them?

Hello, and thank you for following up.
Great to hear that you have identified the issue. I can definitely try the beta version, but don’t know how can I install the beta version.

Install the app from this link to use the test/betaversion:

I’ve pushed a small.change which is hopefully enough to fix it. Can you test it now? It’s in the beta access as provided via the link.

It works perfectly fine now. :slight_smile: Thanks a lot for your efforts.

Hi. Can someone maybe send some kind of screenshot of an advanced flow with the zaptec go starting. My issue is that even if i have made an advanced flow. As soon as i plug in the car and authenticate with an RFID tag charging starts. I wan’t the charger to check my flow and then decide if it should start or not. :slight_smile:

Hi,

The app works like a charm (thank you!)
I use it for load-balancing and it perfectly and quickly adjusts the allowed limit up and down.

I just have one problem:
When I set it to 16A/16A/16A, my car (hybrid) never uses 16A, but the car always thinks that it is allowed to use maximum 14A. This is also displayed in the car’s app while connected to the charger: “current limit for AC charging” = 14A.

The car is configured to use max power (= 16A one phase). The Homey Zaptec app shows “current limit” = 16A.

When the car is connected to public chargers it does use 16A, and is also able to increase the charging speed to 16A if it initially only is allowed to use less than 16A.

Anyone has an idea of what is going wrong…?

Many thanks, Anders

What’s the zaptec app on your phone show?

The iPhone Zaptec app doesn’t show the dynamic charge limit. The static charge limit is visible in the Advanced Settings menu. This is set to 20A.

Additional info: the car did take 16A from this Zaptec charger before I started using the Homey Zaptec app.

If you are sure that it used 16A before connecting to Homey, try to delete the charger and the Zaptec-app in Homey.

I think this is how the charger is designed. I adjust mine as you have tried regulary, and after a Zaptec FW (do not remember wich one), the charging level (speed) dropped from the more below the current limit then before. This is a safety feature in the charger. It has increased a little bit with another FW update. Do you run the latest FW on the charger?

When i set 32Amps as current limit, the car draws 29Amps. at 16Amps current limit it is around 14,5Amps. The car is a fully electric car.

Hi,

Thanks for your input. Yes, I’m 100% sure it used 16A before (I saw it in the Zaptec app and using the Homewizard meter). I just double-checked the Zaptec advanced settings: it’s still configured to allow 20A.

But your last sentence gave me an idea: I will change the Homey flow to let the Zaptec allow 20A instead of 16A (“when 16A is available from the house”). Zaptec indeed offerred the car 20A before I started using Homey.

Will get back when I have tested it.

thanks!

1 Like

Try login to the Zaptec-portal webpage.

Thanks!!!
Here it says that minimum current is 6A and maximum 14A!
Now changed to max 20A :+1:

…and now the car gets 15.74A.
Problem solved, thanks Patrick and Marius
/Anders

1 Like

Not sure how to use this app except to stop, or limit the power, and for this it works great.

But when I get home and put the car on the charger, I must either have authorization in the zaptec app before the Homey app to be able to control the charger.
And if I switch off this restriction, the car will start charging as soon as I plug in the cable, so I don’t get to choose when to start charging.

Can this be solved in a better way?