Yeelight not working

If you know how to run an app from the command line. I have created debug branch on GitHub which will spit out extra logging to the console to see what is going on using the homey app run command.

In Homey: Node.js version is v8.16.0

In Homey: Node.js version is v8.16.0
I tried to do what you suggested; this is outcome of installing the app:

This is the result of running the Yeelight app, correct?

After I tried to add the new Yeelight in Homey this info came:
add

more info appeared 9 minutes later:

Another trial: if adding the light in the app, it cannot be found.
If waiting and do nothing, sometimes this information pops-up by itself.
The Yeelight is indeed has that IP-address 192.168.1.67.
Ping to that IP address also works with a reply.

Info from the Android Yeelight app:

Restart of Homey didn’t help also

It looks like either your router is blocking responses to SSDP Discovery Packets which is used to discover the light or there is something wrong in my code. The latter seems unlikely though as about 500 other users do not have this problem. I have added some extra logging in the debug branch which might tell me more. Could you redownload the debug branch from github and try to pair your device again: https://github.com/jghaanstra/com.yeelight/tree/debug

You could also look into the settings in your router and try and change something related to SSDP / UDP discovery.

Inside the Router I couldn’t find something about SSDP.
I disabled the firewall with no result.

Only following rules have to do with UDP, but not sure what it means or if can be editted.

Rule 1:

Rule 2:

latest log:

I have updated the debug branch again. Could you try again.

Thanks for quick reply!

My second Yeelight (now model Yeelight YLDL01YL Meteorite LED Smart Dinner Pendant) will be received in a few days so I’m curious if it can be added.

Below the latest Log:

Sometimes when I quit (Ctrl+C); suddenly extra info appears:

Will this confirms whay I said before. Either your light is not responding to the discovery broadcast message (because LAN control is not enabled for instance) or somehing in your network is preventing the device from responding to the broadcast message.

In plain English, my apps asks if there are any lights on the network and your light is not responding to this call.

There is not much I can do about that. It’s either your light or your network.

Hmm… can this light not be added manually?
All info such as IP-address, MAC-address is known already.
If automatic discovery doesn’t work, would an option to manual add it be possible?
Or if my router is the problem, would adding the light temporary to a different router solve the problem? Or will the connection be lost again after switching back to original router?

You’re right, the router is the problem.
I did the following:

1. setup Hotspot with a second phone

2. Connected the Yeelight to this Wifi hotspot

3. Connected Homey to this Wifi hotspot.

4. After that I could add the Yeelight in Homey, and control it properly

5. However, now the Yeelight was connected to a different IP-address from my hotspot of course

6. After I connected Homey back to my normal router, the Yeelight lamp was not working anymore

7. Then I resetted the Yeelight to the original router network again, but still the connection inside Homey app didn’t work. (because it was looking for a different IP-address I guess)

I removed the Yeelight lamp, but then the Yeelight app crashed

So I think that if in the Yeelight App in Homey it would be possible to change IP-address this light could be added manually?
Would that be possible?
Lamp was added in Homey automatically this way.
If only IP-address could be changed, low-level? Then maybe lamp still worked after changing back to original network?

And why the lamp can be found using the Android Yeelight app? That app is probably also using a broadcast message to find it?

Ok, good to know it’s at least pointed.

Indeed, the IP of the light is registered after it’s been connected.

Not manually, but I did built some sort of mechanism that will update the device IP if Homey receive a status broadcast from the light from a different IP. You should add it again and change it to your router and then leave it for at least an hour. The light will send a broadcast which Homey should pick up and update the IP. It’s worth a try although this mechanism is usually intended for people with non static IP addresses it might also work for this scenario.

Correct, it uses the same mechanism for device discovery as my Homey app.

Ok, I’ve added the Yeelight again in Homey.
It’s registered on 192.168.43.13 (Hotspot network Android phone)
Homey + Yeelight set back to original router.
Yeeligt itself has now IP-address 192.168.1.73
Now waiting…

:grinning: :grinning: :grinning:
After some waiting, the Yeelight is now Online in the Homey-app, on my original router!
Thanks for the help!

Hello,

I’m using two E27 lamps with the Yeelight app on homey and it is working very well. I have added two GU10 multicolor lamps but I’m not able to add them to homey. They are working well with the Yeelight app itself.

Any suggestion? Are these GU10 supported?

Hi There,

since a week or 3, i cannot control the yeelight by homey.

Nothing is changed, i allready reinstall de app / ledstrip in homey.
What i saw is when i remotly set the strip on i see in de homey status to on, en vice versa.
i cannot switch it on of off by homey

help :slight_smile:

gr Rini

Do you have LAN control enabled ? Can you control them via officall app ?
You may want to try also Yeelight Cloud version… Yeelight App for Homey | Homey

Sharkys,

lan control is enable, i can control the ledtrip via offical app.

Try restarting Homey and if that does not help remove and re-add the strip.

Phuturist,

done, not working. i set off lan “beheer” and direct changed status in homey app in not conneted.
When i changed it to on it was direct connected. so there is some communication but it is not working by the homey app.

also checked the app from Xiaomi, there it is fully working

gr Rini

Hi io installed the server app from yeelights, its looks that will do,

i will try this for a while

thanks Sharkys and Phuturist

1 Like