What is going on Athom?

I also had the “homey offline” problem for a long time. After a while i got a problem with an other device.
Long story short…problem with my internet connection…had to replace the coax cable from the house to the box in the street. No more problem with homey offline now.
Also had the adapter problem. Reported it to Athom and received a new adaptor.

3 Likes

Man, there we go again.

YOU say (and i quote): “I don’t understand how people are still trusting this company. I’m asking everyone around me not to buy this crap.”

So who is generalizing here? Me? You base this on 1 Homey, you’re own. I base it on many people who have it running, not just my own.

I advise you to just whack it and buy a Smartthings, Zipato, Vera or even an expensive Fibaro. Maybe then all your problems will be gone.

But maybe, just maybe, you look at the symptoms and check your wifi router… Just as Kikker states. But i must be generalizing again, i suppose…

4 Likes

Why do I get the feeling you first have to ensure you have a stable internet connection, before you blame Athom? All the things you mention require a stable internet connection. The back-up works for most of us, so it can’t hurt to check if your setup meets the requirements.

So it not:

But:
It works fine for me, so it makes sense to first check why your setup is different from mine in order to solve your problem.

People here are willing to help you (for free) with your problems. But you have to want to be helped. You can’t expect Athom to remotely check your internet connection and other problems you might have, and solve them for you.

For me, solving issues like these are part of the fun. Find a challenge, solve it, enjoy the result and find the next. If you want a off the shelf solution, hire a guy to fix it for you. He will check your internet connection for you. Just not for free.

6 Likes

You can be true. It IS possible.

But well…
My LAN router is an edge router from Ubiquiti Networks.
My ISP router isn’t doing anything. I transferred all the responsibility to my LAN router to improve the reliability of internet.
My Wifi router is a Linksys WRT1600ACS, proven to be very reliable and running with DD-WRT.
I am a FPS player and almost always with the lowest ping, thanks to proper QoS rules in my Edge Router.
Trust me, my local network is more reliable than a lot of people here. And same from my internet connexion. I am a lot better at handling my network than my home automation :slight_smile:

To tell the truth, I’m not going to give up because it has to be said, the management of the automation rules is very clean at Athom, and I don’t want to throw such an expensive product in the trash at the slightest problem.

I’m setting up a phoscon server and then totally disabling the Zigbee Hue network as well as Homey’s one. We’ll see if a single ZigBee network will be more reliable.

I also plan to completely remove Ikea products to keep only two brands on the Zigbee network (Xiaomi and Philips).

Concerning the Z-Wave network, the products are expensive so I won’t change them anytime soon. On this side, it seems quite reliable anyway.

Afterwards, we’ll see what happens. If I still can’t get to a stable environment, I’ll just cry and change to another solution.

Anyway, I’m sorry for being so vehement. It’s just that what seems like a good product for one person is not for someone else. And Athom is clearly not good at customer support.

(and sorry for my english!)

1 Like

Rest my case. If you don’t check it, you cannot be sure. Period.

It’s a bit like seraching for your keys and your then the wife asks “have you looked over there?” and you answer, “no of course not, i never put them there”… We all know where they are found most times…

And fuzzing with the Zigbee and Z-Wave devices will be absolutely no solution for your WiFi problems. Trust me… You’d have more chance to solve it by checking if your WiFi channel overlaps with your Zigbee channel…

But feel free to keep blaming Athom, maybe they will solve all your problems magically in the future.

1 Like

:popcorn:

1 Like

Weekend!

1 Like

Just as the fact that his one isn’t working does not mean other people have to curse Athom too. But i don’t hear you complain about that?

Unbelievable how the sour people keep each other sour… :face_vomiting:

Luckily many others keep the spirit up. :+1:

4 Likes

Hopefully with some lower temps :hot_face: and some more rain :cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

1 Like

After i bought a seperat router (Netgear R7800) i heave no “homey offline” masseges anymore.

1 Like

After I replaced Homey with something better I didn’t either :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

As this has become another (yes another) yes/no topic.
With “for some, everything works perfectly, for some it does not” (which is the same for pretty much every product btw).

I will close this topic as this is a never ending “discussion”.
If you want to complain/be angry about something not working with your homey, go to Athom support, there they can help you, as they will most likely not respond here.
And doing it on the forum will get you (or anyone else) no where.
If you disagree me closing this topic, feel free to contact me or any other moderator.

2 Likes