Water cooker and Innr 120 smart plug

Hi guys, I want to make a flow that does the following.
I switch on a water cooker that is connected to a Innr 120 smart plug. When the water has boiled and the cooker stops, I want Homey to tell me that the water has boiled and after a minute the Innr will switch off. I’ve been playing with different flows but so far no succes. Any ideas?
Thanks in advance.
Cheers,
Wim

It’s in German language, sorry.

The way of realisation may depend on the behaviour of the kettle/water cooker and on the performance values. It may make sense to look at the performance curve in Insights.

Maybe you have to change the 50 Watt in the first and the 2 Watt in the second flow, but I guess it will work:

Thanks Fantross, after a few adjustments it worked.
Thanks for the help!
Cheers,
Wim

Hi Fantross,
here I am again! :laughing:
I just connected my smart watch charger to this plug and noticed that it takes different power consumptions. It started at 3W, then 2W, then 1W, then 0W and then back to 3W and so on. Now, I don’t want to be told that the water has boiled in the middle of the night while charging my watch. Any idea to prevent this?
Cheers,
Wim

Hi Wim,

did you tried it? Because only when the consumption is higher than 50 W (in mine example) the variable Test_Variable1 is set to true.
This must be fulfilled that Homey says „It’s Teatime“. After 65 sec. the variable is set to false again.
So Homey only say „It’s Teatime“ if the variable Test_Variable1 is set to true.
And the smart watch can’t set the variable to true because it’s consumption is not higher than 50 W.

So it should work.

Additional you can use a time period or the „awake/sleeping“ option.
In the And… section you can ad „Wim is awake“. So the flow is only triggered when you are awake. But therefore you have to set „Wim is awake/sleeping“. This could be done manual or automatically.
And/or
In the And… section you can set a time, for example „Between 6:00 - 22:00 o’clock“. Between 22:00 - 6:00 o’clock the flow will not be triggered.

Hi Dirk, I didn’t try it yet with the watch. I thought that the second flow would be a problem because there it says “Leistung ist kleiner als 2”. The watch charger goes from 3W down to 0W and back up again. But I can will give it a try later. I will see what I will do; try it with Sleep / Awake or simply plug my watch in a different socket. :upside_down_face: That is still an option,…
Cheers,
Wim

Hi Wim,

it should work without any changes as I described.
So let me please know.

Best regards,
Dirk

Hi Dirk,
I tried it first with my watch. Homey told me the water had boiled immediately and again when the power dropped from 3 to 2W. So I unplugged it. With charging the phone it’s more or less the same. The power went from 16 to 17 and then to 14 W. Each time Homey told me the water had boiled. I think I will just use the Innr only for the water cooker and not for charging my phone or watch. Thanks
Cheers,
Wim

What was the state of the variable when you tested it? True or false?

When the water has boiled, the SmartPlug actually switches off. How did you solve this?

Please post your flows.

Hi Dirk, here are some screenshots of the 2 flows.

I’m at work at the moment so maybe not able to answer right away.
Cheers,
Wim

Ok, found the problem. In the second flow you are using an other / a wrong variable in the „And…“ section (Water cooker YN). What is this variable for?
So the variable „Water cooker“ is not checked. But this is necessary for the Smart Watch to work.

But we will „see“ us later… :+1:t3:

I’ve got this variable part from your example. :smiley:

Cooker3

Okay, I guess you didn’t understand me.

You use 2 different variables in your flows:

• Water cooker.
  • Water cooker YN

This is wrong. You must use the same variable in both flows. Please use only the variable “Water cooker”.

Hi Dirk,
okay, thanks, I will check that tonight.
As you may notice :roll_eyes: I only have my Homey for a few weeks. I find this Logic stuff and variables very confusing. It’s all new to me. I hope I will learn some day! :crazy_face:
Thanks
Cheers,
Wim

Hi Wim,
no problem. Everyone in the community started with more or less knowledge. And the community is there to ask questions and help others.

Here you can find a tutorial regarding variables.

There are some more tutorials. Maybe the one or other ist helpful for you.

An other useful post is the “Welcome to the forum!”.

Hi Dirk,
thanks for the tip about the Getting started tutorial. That will be a good read. I will start on that tonight.
Cheers,
Wim