Wake up all Zigbee devices

Hello,

I’m using Heimdall in homey as most of us I guess ;-). There is a functionality to test if some devices reported activities in the last 24h before activating the alarm. My main issue is that I have of course some doors, windows, which I do not open everyday in the house and the sensors seems to be communicating only when we do so ( most of them are tuya door sensors ). Also, another issue with those sensors is that they even do not report when the battery start to be low.

I decided to test also the “Sensor Check” TFE (The Flow Exchange(r) - Exchange Your Flows with Others! - #13 by Peter_Kawa) … It of course reports the same issue.

Would you have a way to wake up those devices ?

Best,
Jerome

There isn’t one, at least not in a remote way, although in my experience most Zigbee sensors will send some sort of message quite regularly, like battery level, and AFAIK Heimdall takes those into account as well.

If your devices don’t send those types of messages, you should start looking for other devices, because as mentioned, it’s not possible to wake them up remotely.

Thanks a lot.

In fact, I said it’s tuya but I was false, those are quite standard sonoff snzb-04 sensors. Is this normal ? Could it be the Sonoff homey driver which is having a bug ?

Best
Jérôme

Those sensors should report battery percentage, voltage, and “low battery”, according to this page, but looking at the Homey app’s code, it only supports the low battery alarm.

There might be a reason why it doesn’t support the other values, you’d have to ask the developer.

Thanks a lot for your help ! I will do.

Best,
Jérôme

Hi there @Jerome_Revillard, the reason is that I use IASZoneStatusChangeNotification as trigger and not depending on reporting of attributes. Been a while since I created that driver, I’ll look into it when I have some spare time.

2 Likes

Could you please tell me where I can find the source code of this app ?

Bestn
Jerome

Hi @johan_bendz ,

Could you please tell me where I can find the source code of this app ?

Best
Jérôme

Doesn’t look like it’s open source.

Ah ok… Thanks @robertklep.

I hope that you will have some time to look at it then @johan_bendz

Hello @johan_bendz,

I hope that you are going well. I know that you are maintaining these applications on your free time and thanks for this. As this one is close source, can I know if this is something that you could do soon or not ? All my house is equipped with SONOFF devices and this is quite problematic for the alarm if I’m not aware that devices do not work anymore…

Thanks
Jérôme

Hi Jerome,

Was this solved? I have a problem with my Sonoff motion sensor that tends to stop working overnight.

Seems like radio does not anymore awake and communicate with Homey.

The issue is more likely a problem with Homey than a problem with your sensor.

Hello,

No, not solved but trying to discuss it with the new official Sonoff application.

Best,
Jérôme

I suspect that this is the case, as it worked well with the original Sonoff bridge and it works well the entire day but stops overnight.