Update to 3.2.1 and fatal issues with AN179 units

And again, after a few days my battery powered sensors start to fail, that means, home doesn’t see them anymore and then more and more devices start to fail. At the moment after a long PTP still not all the devices online. I’m wondering if I should continue with Homey. Just ordered a range-extender as a last resort and replaced the power-adapter with a extra strong one (2,4 A).

I had the same problem. Try opening https://developer.athom.com/tools/zwave and heal the devices. Did you move your Homey?

I did not move Homey, I did try to heal the devices, but strangly the mesh route is via unknown devices with nr like 160 and 240. I only have 88 devices and can’t find device nr 160 and 240. Every device going through 160 and 240 is unavailble. Looks like ghost devices.

I have one of those, but it is a working device. I can turn it on and off through the developer site. If you try to heal a ghost device and it still fails, you can then delete it. That might be a solution.

Zwave is horrible on Homey. I’m seriously considering changing to SmartThings. The only thing keeping me is RF and Somfy support on Homey.

95 Z-Wave Devices and no serious Z-Wave issues! :thinking:

I’m having the same issues,

Atoms solution… turn off auto updating… :expressionless:

Oke I got the extenders, did not solve much, the one’ s who were working, kept on working, may even a bit faster, but the rest, most of them Fibaro is slow or not reachable. In the mesh routing I still see nr 160 and 240 and nowhere do I have a nr 160 or 240, the device-list stops at 92.How can I remove 160 and 240? PTP of an houre did not solve the problem. I’ m getting hopeless.