UK Homey users - compatible products

Hi all,

I wonder if there is enaugh number of UK users to discuss competible products that are available in UK and EU but that works in UK and easy to buy.

I don’t have ahomey yet. I ordered early December and I think it will be shipped in few days.

I have Nest, Ring, LG tv, couple of homekit connected ligt strips and bunch of aqara devices. My ultime objective is to have everyting to be available in Homekit to control from my ios devices and siri but use homey as a universal hub.

I hope and expect homey will be my go to device for automation/flows as apple home app is not exactly great at automation. I realise that there will be some non homey competible devices though so homekit will come handy at certain set ups.

With homey 2.0 release I understand homey will broadcast evertyhing to homekit but what what I don’t know is if homey control app will see homekit devices like other homekit control apps.

So, to achieve fully connected home I am hoping that I can find cameres, wall switches, dimmers, lights etc. that are available in UK and suported by homey without needing another hub (and of course not expensive)

I don’t think there are many, are there? Here are the ones I found:

TKB Home
Zwave Mi
Leightvawe ( not sure if hub required)
Philips

Hope to hear from the community.

Thanks

Gunay

Homey’s HomeKit support, at the moment, only works one-way: it will expose the devices that are registered on Homey through HomeKit. In other words, in iOS, Homey looks like a “HomeKit bridge” (or hub) that provides access to the devices configured on Homey.

It is not possible to control HomeKit devices through Homey, at least not yet. I’ve been working on an app that does exactly that, but it’s far from ready, and besides that, it will probably not be able to support all HomeKit-enabled devices.

Thank you for the answer. I thought that might be the case. Though I think if homey is going to be an official homekit device I would hope and think that it is something they should in the roadmap to make it happen.

And when you sau currently it doesnt supoort, is that the case with FW 2.0 as well?

Thanks

Gunau

Yes, and Athom has also told me that they have no plans to implement a HomeKit client application.

Like I said, I’m working on such an application (I’m a community developer), but I have no idea when that will be ready for consumption.

Thanks again.

Hey, fellow UK user here.

Homekit app is currently crashing for me.

Lightwave gen 2 don’t currently work with Homey. I saw reports about gen 1 having issues but that might be fixed, not sure.

Fibaro sensors seems to work well.

Aeotec seems to work for the most part, I had some issues with nano dimmers and the wallmotes are not always that responsive. I have multisenors working from the lighting circuit and they’ve been perfect. Other sensors been good too.

Ikea float panels have been awesome, bulbs seem solid too.

Coolcam door/window sensors have been flawless.

Xiaomi sensors been solid

I do have Nest smoke alarms and Sonos speakers but I’ve not really done much with Homey and then yet.

Alexa integration works good

Yale smart locks work well, but those batteries drain quick. I made my own app but appears there is one live now that supports the U.K. models. Editing Polling didn’t help my battery life. Apparently older zwave modules (old firmware) is a problem, I’m currently discussing with Yale.

I didn’t like Homey at first, it’s growing on me. I have Vera at another property, I dislike their hub.

I use a couple of Zigbee led drivers for led strips. I made my own app for those and they work well. My app was pretty much a clone of another, I think it was Osram https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07CN7JGT9/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_AdSuCb3Z4Z194

Ohh, DoorBird works really well. I use synology with a bunch of reolink and Dauha cams. I do not like the app for this, was hoping it could do more and not had time to figure out if I could do something myself.

Coolcam usb siren/bell is good too.

Really wish DoorBird would make their Amazon show integration. But still love it.

Hopefully fixed soon :wink:

Awesome. It’s been a great app! :slight_smile:

If you want a Lightwaverf gen 2 app then put in a request to Athom.
I have asked and explained why ot is different to gen 1 and the said they would consider it and maybe contact Lightwaverf to see if they’ can do something.
The more people that ask the more chance they will look at it.

Lightwave is no longer being updated (according to the Dev). He said Athom offered to take it over but they seem to have gone quiet

I’m on Gen 2. Though it doesn’t bother me so much not having Integration at the moment. I’ve been mainly using Alexa and Homekit to turn on and off some pinball machines; Alexa handling the automation via a routine.

Really Casper, you were spreading disinformation. Just copying what others say without checking if that’s true…

But in the hour since you did that Athom stated they were going to support it :soon:

Not disinformation. They had gone quiet. But now not quiet! I see that as a success don’t you?