[TUTORIAL] How to make a Great Public Announcement (P.A.) System with any device!

In this topic i will explain how to make a great working public announcement system in your home (which would make it more of a Private Announcement system).
You can do this with every language, since Google Services has a Translate device.

The current examples will be using Sonos speakers and a Samsung TV, but it should work with all devices capable of accepting a URL as input.

I also will be using multiple of my own Apps, which is the point of this tutorial: using them together for a great working PA system.

First example will be a standard Sonos Speaker (called Sonos 1) with a Synology UPnP Server (Any UPnP will do).

• Install a Google Cloud TTS device and configure the Trigger to Sonos 1

• Install a Universal Media Player and configure a Trigger to Sonos 1

• Create a Flow
    You can put a fire sound before speaking “there is a Fire”.
    In the Then part you can do what you like.

Second example will be a Samsung Smart TV (called Frame) with a Synology UPnP Server.

• Install a Google Cloud TTS device and configure the Trigger to the device

• Install a Universal Media Player and configure a Trigger to the device

• Create a Flow
    You can put a fire sound before speaking “there is a Fire”.
    I also put in the capability monitor again, so timings are perfect. If the TV is turned off or in the process of switching on, the sound and speech will only begin after the TV is fully turned on and ready for input (even my Samsung Frame which has a 2 second delay in ON/OFF because it has a Painting mode).
    In the Then part you can for instance shutdown the TV after al is done.

4 Likes