Timeline RATE-LIMIT without error notification

Hi all,

Fact: The timeline can get rate-limited when sending too many notifications from flows, within a certain time frame.

1. Why isn’t an error message sent or present somewhere?
    Say a push message, or a timeline message (while only the flow category seems to be rate-limited).
    Now I only discover it when I look at the timeline to discover the last notification is from hours ago.

2. Probably a bug:
    While I test AdvancedFlow, it seems it triggers a rate-limit pretty fast. This happens with Aflows with just one timeline notification card. It’s not I test run every 1s for 60times. Just a few test runs seems to trigger the rate-limit.

Why are you asking the community? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Hey Peter,
One thing: The Flow rate limit is NOT 60 executions a minute (afaik), but 60 runs at the same time (or at least without the others completing).

F.i. this flow:

This will run the same flow 70 times, well within a minute (i just found a bug that makes it run twice as many times, whoeps).

It was a bit tricky to build it, because the need to wait for the previous execution to run.

But it does work, and you can go through JSON Arrays/Collection with hundres of elements/objects in it, and loop through it using the same flow: No problem to execute this flow about 150 times a minute what i did during testing.

because i also thought it was 60 runs a minute, but, i have never hit that mark as long as i put all executions after each the previous has completly finished.

[TEF:FLOWS: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]

Sorry Arie, it’s about the timeline getting rate limited

Hehe, well, maybe someone can fix it, and by accident works for Athom :upside_down_face:

Yeah, i know, i just wanted to let you know the flow limit is not (60 a minute), what many people seem to think. :wink:

Ah okay, I knew :wink:

1 Like