The new Homey Pro — Ask Me Anything

Same here, it takes up to 20s for a device to respond…
Variables were displayed correct though.
Android10/S9/Hpro2019

1 Like

Thanks but my Homey is procrastinating … :wink:
obrazek

… because :wink:

So I need to fix backups first prior to updating to new Homey… seems that 400MB free on storage is not enough.

Btw, I recommend any advanced used to go and also do backup via Community backup (backup, not saying restore…)

But that’s already OT…

You can use the 3-3-2023 @ 6:45 backup
But that’s no real solution ofcourse.

Any fix from Athom yet? About your “lack of storage”? issue? Seems like a partition being too small.

Yes - they sent it to devs…two weeks ago but I can imagine they have plenty of work now. Since then I realized some of the apps are way too big, compared to others… guys/devs are not much happy but sometime with very easy step I got 60MB saved on storage and it allowed to do backup (on 3.3…)

It seems to be a bug in the tablet app. On my mobile phone, the variables are displayed correctly, albeit very slowly. On the tablet, the page with the variables remains blank.
I have reported all the errors I discovered to Athom. Unfortunately, since the app is completely useless to me this way, I have reinstalled the old version. I don’t have my new Homey yet and can still choose the app.

Same here, Uwe. I don’t use the app on my (way too old) tablet though :grin:

I had the same, just like before:

• Look for extra Voices that you accidentally downloaded and remove all but the only one you selected.
  • Look for App’s you don’t use
  • Enter Recovery , connect WiFi and Select keep Data / No Reset or Restore from Backup!
    but Select Options Full Download Firmware.

Check if a Backup is possible after Re-Flash with complete Backup.

It worked for me.

1 Like

Thank you - all that already tried, except of the last step. Problem is that since last backup I implemented way too many changes :frowning: Also removed several apps as they were rewritten to SDK3 etc, trying to optimize etc. - it’s great that some apps have their own backups as well (Advanced scheduler, Heating scheduler etc)… however my full reset will hopefully happen when migrating to the Homey 2023 - I know I’m on the limit with my Homey 2019 Pro :slight_smile: At this moment I’m still trying to find sustainable solution for at atleast one full backup. Already installed some apps even via CLI and decreased their sizes to 10x less…

However still it’s weird that Athom is not able to resolve that either…I think it’s some :beetle:

@Sharkys You KEEP existing data, no recent Backup necesary… just ~15 minutes or so.

2 Likes

Ou, will try! Thank you !!

Anyone else noticed the memory usage is gone up massively? The Homey core uses more then double the RAM, and something like Hue more than triple the amount of memory (With the same amount of lights). (Other apps are just added without adding devices so memory usage isn’t comparable)
Homey 2019 (non Pro)

Homey Pro 2023:

Maybe the apps always needed more memory, but because I filled the old Homey up to the brim it might just lowered memory consumption by filling up a swap file or something. Maybe the test version is using large amounts of debug code / information. Or maybe the new Homey just uses his available resources better. Unused memory is wasted real estate, might as well use it for extra cache or something.

Thank you, that was it - Backup success!
I was scared as there is no option to Keep data - it just ask you whether to restore data and then it let choose you to download firmware, last time did that 2 years ago, maybe sacrifice due to the testing always RCs… also latest Android beta do not support setup of Homey 2019 Pro…

Btw, out of interest :

before firmware reflash on HP Pro 2019

and after firmware reflash on HP Pro 2019…

In my opinion you can’t compare a device under memory pressure and another without memory pressure.
Beside that also the architecture in Homey Pro (Early 2023) is completely different as it uses containerization where the old Homey used other isolation mechanisms.

1 Like

Here I was hoping the Ethernet Adapter was capable of POE to USB-C power + data pass through to cut down on another item that needs to be plugged into a power outlet.

I know of at least one user that tried a LAN7800-based PoE splitter that works with the new Homey (this one specifically: https://www.microchip.com/en-us/product/PD-USB-DP60).

2 Likes

might be a noob question, but I can’t find a knowledge / support article on how to migrate from 2019 to 2023 the correct way. And of course especially on how to handle apps / devices that will not be possible to migrate.

3 Likes

Ooh… Interesting. Because AFAIK the Unifi adapter mentioned in AMA does not give data, only USB-C power.
Nvmd - I forgot about the doorbell PoE adapter.

Mouser has the PD-USB-DP60 “reasonably” priced, but Unifi will probably be slightly cheaper.

Well… it does make a nice pedestal for the old one :rofl:

29 Likes

Looking like a mini robovac now :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Anyone who has a reply on why the new homey pro 2023 shows only 2,7gb of storage instead of around 8gb? In this case onmens the total in the system, not the storage that is left after installing the homey and app software. Is it still a limitation in the software?