The new Homey Pro — Ask Me Anything

Any information on the infrared learning mode? This was available as an experiment. Will it be (back) there on the Homey Pro 2023?
It quite essential for rare and custom infrared devices.

Homey Pro (Early 2023) only has a IR LED transmitter (pointing up), so can only send, it can’t receive.
You’ll have to create an app for those devices.

Will the price increase after launch? Just wondering if it’s worth pre-ordering (cost-wise).

The only thing that’s increasing is the time that you’ll receive yours.

Hi, After the AMA i was still wondering 2 things:

• will the port forwarding function for connection to Homey without Homey cloud also be available for the older homey pro’s (2016-2019)?
  • will there be an added function of disabling connection through the cloud so it can only be done via port forwarding, or even only be able to connect to homey via your local network (which could be reachable via your own VPN)?
    Hope you can still look into this!

Thx for the answer, I didnt know they left the receiving IR sensors out on the new Homey Pro. Bummer ;(
Feels like the speaker, I know its hard to get them right, but rather have a mediocre speaker en IR sensor then none.

Hi! Will the alarm function in the app still be present with the pro 2023 even when theres no speaker? Im thinking of the function i the app “more → alarm”.

Today I’m using it not to trigger alarms through the speaker but instead using it to trigger other alarms and morningroutines but with the big upside that its easy to change the times without changing any flows. For an example I use a alarm to set the time for when were leaving home, i then have flows that triggers when “alarm - activates in xx min” if “outside temp is below xx” trigger heater on the car. The alarm functionality makes it easy to change the time for which the flow triggers without having to change any flows. If the alarm functionality isn’t present because of the lack of a speaker i could perhaps build the same functionity through logicvariabels but that wouldn’t be as easy to use as the alarm. The alarm can be set an managed easily by the other users in my home, logicvariables don’t seem as easy for all users to manage.

I have nt heard anything yet about removing that function. Only the speaker. So probably when you forget to create a Flow for it, it will Alarm Silently :wink:

Anyone that knows if it’s present for the bridge? I guess that would give an indication

It depends, The Bridge doesn’t do or have anything,
But The Homey (Beta) aka als Homey (Cloud Service) doesn’t provide the Alarm Function!

No, That doesn’t make sense imo.

Just thought that because the bridge lacked a speaker it could perhaps be an idication. But it’s true, there not the same in many ways, after all they are different products. But non the less, i realy hope that the alarm function will be there for the pro 2023 as well even though it’s lacking a speaker.

Q: Looking at your approx start of delivery in December, our company uses Pi4 in our product, and our last order have its delivery date in November 2023. Have you already ordered +100000 Pi4 modules for the first “batch”? I have ordernumber >60000 and have a hard time see a delivery the next 6months :slight_smile:

Best Regards
Emol

1 Like

What do you mean? it’s not like the order numbers started at 0 for the homey pro 2023. The order number has been counting since they got that store for all the other products aswell… My bridge order over a year ago had order no 24690, and my pro order has 50419 - i suppose there is from 20-30000 pro’s (2023) ordered

1 Like

Ahh, ok. My question and problem still stands, we order 25pcs Pi4 and got more then one year leadtime.

Do we know if they already have Pi4 for these orders or at least a high priority for orders?

they said in the keynote that the arcitecture was set for over a year ago - and that made it easy for them to agree with the raspberry pii company early. So hopefully they had a lot in order very early on

Lets hope so! We order 40pcs PI 3B for 2+ years ago, still not delivered :slight_smile:

hmm, not good…

@Emile : any updates on production?

@Emil_a @arovik
Why are you worried,

if they invite and have Eben Upton, CEO Raspberry Pi speak in the Keynote, (https://youtu.be/9DATKmF3rfk?t=1102 )

and they don’t use the Pi 3B… Guess if you ordered some more than 40 they would have produced them for you.

BTW, they where over 2 years working on this.
Pretty sure they let produce a couple of 1000’s new Pro’s.

And if you know Athom, they won’t let anything come out that informs the competitor (about #s ordered.) Just relax and don’t worry until the first new Homey’s are send out to the developers.
(Or when Christmas 2022 passes without information from people that received their new Homey and no info from Athom)