The new Homey Pro — Ask Me Anything

Yes it was answered:

As long as the app isn’t supporting Matter or Thread you can continue developing on your Homey Pro (Early 2016-2019)

1 Like

Thanx, worries for the future I guess …(at some point at least one of my apps will need support for matter while I’m not planning on buying a new Homey).

Foget to ask… But will the new Homey be able to learn 433Mhz signals? I really don’t understand why this is not possible yet while a broadlink device (€20,-) can do this…

1 Like

You can record an 433-signal on the Developer page.

Yes, but not send them using flows.

I don’t think this is a very high priority for Athom if they ever do it, as they rather want to stick with their app construction they are using now.

For IR they made another decission…

There you can’t copy at all anymore as there is no IR receiver in Homey Pro (early 2023), as replacement they added in a big library, if your device isn’t in there you still need to write an app for it.

Came up with some more questions after the AMA

Q: Will you share the STL file for the Homey case? this way we can design/3D Print our own cases
Q: For advanced flows, I’d really like to see a “display” node that only shows the output (on screen), now i have to save it to a variable and check the variable a display node would just show that information similarly like apple shortcuts works (it shows the output of the node by default)
Q: Will we be able to send ssh commands to the internal SSH Docker through flows? using core functionality e.g. not through a seperate app.

I doubt that they will share a STL for that, but it is pretty easy to reconstruct it manually. I may do that when I get mine, the issue is that warranty will be void if it is disassembled.

Another possibility is to create a shell to place over the device. That’s even easier, and would allow people to have their new Homey in any color they can print.

Yeah i know, but how nice would it be to get the base STL from the manufacter so all the measurements are correct without us needing to “reinvent the wheel”, also you would not have to void the warranty to make the measures and if something breaks Athom would not need to send new covers & such…

But not transmit only replay to Homey to develop and test development of your app.

From what I recall, there are 2 apps. 1 community app and one official app. The official app by Ted Tolboom is really well supported imho.

I’ve first version fo Homey and I’ve preorder new Homey Pro.
I love the possibility to connect in local with LAN, without cloud….
But my disappoint is the impossibile to transfer all my device from old Homey to new Homey.

Yes, that’s the app I’m referring to in my example. The current version is 1.4.1 with release date of 17 Nov 2021. So for example the new devices FP1 & P1 aren’t supported yet.

If you read the app community topic, you might find information about this device support being in the making. :stuck_out_tongue:
Remember this is a community app, not paid professionals. Good luck making your decision!

1 Like

Please explain what do you mean with ‘outdated’?

If it works it works. The Aqara app has a ton of supported devices. You cant have it all imho.

If you want each and every ‘newest’ Aqara device supported, I’ll suggest you buy an Aqara hub? Problem solved.

And ideed, pls read the app topic instead of ‘moaning’ about app update timestamps :upside_down_face:

4 Likes

Heya,

not sure if i need this app. I already got it working through the Micro Web Server.

FTP client uses Micro Web Server. Its a very user friendly interface for editing the files, so you dont need to use an external ftp client.

I understand this, however i don’t see the added value in it. I already use FileZilla on a regular basis and do all my flow editing on PC anyway. But many people will surely find this handy! Just not for me :slight_smile:

1 Like