🎙️ The Homey Podcast | Mega Thread

Will the app widgets also show on the App Store page? Like the flowcards

2 Likes

The streaming protocol used will largely depend on the APIs and technologies supported by the brands involved. Some may offer RTSP, others might use WebRTC, and there could also be peer-to-peer (P2P) options. We’ll collaborate with each brand to find the most straightforward solution.

That’s a great suggestion! I’ll make sure to bring it up with the team. :thinking:

As long as your tablet is capable of running the Homey App, you should be able to use the dashboards. However, performance will also depend on the hardware specifications of your tablet. :wink:

The dashboards will be integrated into the Homey App on both iOS and Android. You’ll be able to access them as long as you are connected to the same network as your Homey Pro.

Does that mean the dashboard(s) won’t be accessible in regular browsers?

1 Like

I could think of use cases where it would be very convenient to have a dashboard outside my home too…
Would be great if that worked too!

1 Like

Sorry, my previous message was a bit unclear. To clarify: as long as your device is connected to Homey, you will have access to your dashboards both at home and when you’re away. The dashboards will work just like the current Homey App, as they will be seamlessly integrated into it.

I meant that, if your internet connection at home goes down, you can still connect to your Homey through the App as long as your device is on the same local network.

3 Likes

Something HA dashboards can do, which would be amazing for Homey as well, is conditionally showing a widget. This could work by leveraging the existing logic of AND flow cards to only show certain widgets depending on the time of day, or if you are at home or not, etc

8 Likes

Hi @Doekse, when in the second podcast you talk about a contact with Amazon Alexa team do you mean that an official app could arrive to interact with echo devices?

For the next podcast it might be interesting to have an update (i) on cam streaming directly in Homey App (which brands will be the first to have this feature?) and (ii) on the new Groups feature that was teased in the AMA.

Yeah thats a good one. Or show players only when there plays something.

1 Like

Hi community,

I’m flying a lot for work. Can someone make this for the family at home?

Type in the flight number and go

I know Flight radar 24 can do it but it’s not so nice

Dashboards looks really awesome.

How can I get the beta version when it gets released?

Through the beta release website.

1 Like

I can’t seem to find it. Do you have a link?

No, because it’s not released yet…

3 Likes

@McFly check the podcast around 41 minutes: https://youtu.be/0qHve5ngtu8?feature=shared&t=2483

My reaction by the podcast also here.

Question
Maybe a new Friday activity: array variable.

1. Simple write, read. Clear one or all values together.
  2. What is Maximum/Minimum in the array. Where in the array is a certain value.
  3. Switch values. Can be 2 or shift a part of the rest of the array by putting value in a part of the array or take one value out.

App’s like PBTH needed a lot of data for looking the right moment to handle.

I’m can’t wait for this Homey dashboard. I laughed pure from excitement during this podcast.

@Doekse Now I understand why I never got answers on the Ajax Security implementation :rofl:. You all were to busy with this dashboard.

Bring it on

1 Like

He pssst @Doekse… I saw you ‘liked’ my post. Can you imagine… having Ajax Security implemented on my brand new Homey dashboard? That would be awesome :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:.

Please give an update in ‘Request a brand’ Topic about Ajax.

1 Like

As soon as we have an update I will of course update the Request a Brand page :wink:

5 Likes

Well well, exactly what i am looking for. I was struggling to determine what the master data source for my dashboard will be. I use homey, grafana,prtg,shelly,azure

For sure it will be homey then. I want to add these external datasources by using virtual devices so i can add prtg/azure data, and embed grafana graphs as well.

On the visualization side, is there an appletv version planned as well?

Or do i need to have an ipad with hdmi output for displaying on a 43 inch monitor. Oh well

Hi,

Great work with the dashboards. But do you have any plans of adding support for them in your webapp? This would enable us to use them on a lot more devices! Like connecting a raspberry pi to an old screen, or even a touch screen, nest’s or even my MacBook while working from home.
Also often Dashboards would be shown on devices that are always on, which preferably would be without a battery. I know you can smartcharging of battery devices like tablets, but the battery will at some point in time become a problem.

1 Like