🎙️ The Homey Podcast | Megathread

Dashboards looking great, looking forward to the beta!

Question, now that iOS 18 is out and apps can provide controls for the control centre; is homey planning on providing custom controls for devices, flows and moods?

Also it’d be great the have a moods widget in addition to the existing flows widget on iOS.

Keep up the good work!

1 Like

@Doekse, thank you for the clarification on the Z-Wave “Too much traffic” problem.

1 Like

Once upon a time, it was created for e-readers

1 Like

Just noticed the Plex app has been updated and contains references to the widget :eyes:

2 Likes

3 Likes

Hi @martijnpoppen

Now it’s your (not only you) turn as a developer. I asume it’s not working for me yet as a non-developer. Nothing is changed in the app. Can anyone tell if that is correct?

@Rogier_Verheugen I expect there will be some explanation somewhere.

Edit: Homey Dashboards — Public Beta Megathread

2 Likes

It is now also out for beta testers.

Like Martijn pointed you to,
The phone app needs to be updated as well

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

Below the URL for the Buienradar app (for the Netherlands) for the dashboard widget

https://gadgets.buienradar.nl/gadget/zoommap/?lat=52.03333&lng=5.65833&overname=2&zoom=6&naam=ede&size=2b&voor=1

Mmm it looks beter on my phone than on my tablet.

1 Like

Maybe in some episode you could discuss the problem with bluethoot devices, which according to your helpdesk has been reported by many.

1 Like

@Doekse, question suggestion for the next podcast.

A forum member recently asked if Homey provides a native heating planner, as is the case on Fibaro, for example. The lack of a native heating planner would be a KO criterion for him to buy a Homey.
Have you ever thought about adding more native features such as a heating planner, an irrigation planner, an alarm panel with PIN code display (on smartphone)?
Or are there any such plans?

3 Likes

That is a great pity: I have a few older, but well working ipads lying around. The app does not run on them due to older os. Which is a shame, because it would be such a great use for these things, and I have to throw them away now. I would like a dashboard per room, but will never buy so much tablets. Wouldn’t a web-based version do? Or is this a choice too?

+1 has been asked a lot!

4 Likes

Where can I find the ChatGPT experiment which is mentioned here in the second podcast? https://youtu.be/0qHve5ngtu8?t=563

Do you mean GitHub - athombv/homey-openai-demo: Homey + OpenAI Voice Demo ?

1 Like

Yes perfect, thank you! Sorry, somehow was unable to find that myself.

The third episode of the Homey Podcast is now live! :studio_microphone::tada:

In this episode, we explore the Beta launch of Homey Dashboards, discuss the latest in smart home news, and feature a special guest—Dino, our Smart Home Journalist. He’ll be sharing insights into what goes into creating our Best Buy Guides.

Check out the link in the first post below :point_down:

7 Likes

Thank you for another great episode and for giving us the opportunity to meet some of the Athom team!

I’m looking forward to hearing more in the next episode about:

• Energy Monitoring Enhancements: If there are plans to improve Energy monitoring for dashboards, it would be great to consider adding exclusions. Currently, there’s no way to exclude power generators like solar panels or inverters—similar to how exclusions work for Activity sensors or Climate control.
  • OTA Updates: Discussing OTA feels like poking the hornet’s nest! Emile mentioned that OTA is possible, but there’s no developer documentation available. Any updates on this?
  • Bluetooth Functionality: Are you receiving any feedback or complaints about Bluetooth? After more than a year of waiting, it’s still unclear whether the issue is with Homey itself, the CM4, a specific chip, or a certain firmware version. Would love some clarity on what’s causing the problem.
7 Likes

Thanks for the great questions @Sharkys.

I think we can touch upon Bluetooth in the next episode, since there are some updates in regards to the subject.

Additionally, we can maybe share some updates in regards to Homey Energy in the near future as well :eyes:

I understand your point about OTA updates; our goal is to be transparent and share our thoughts on the topic. The TL;DR is that while it’s technically possible, it’s not something we actively support at the moment, which is why there’s no documentation available.

4 Likes