šŸŽ™ļø The Homey Podcast | Megathread

Would love some improvement with energy monitoring as well. Smartthings does a good job at it. They provide more insights such as comparison to previous weeks or months, forecast, energy intensive days / hours and other energy usage analysis that are helpful.

Most of their charts for energy consumption is bar charts which is think is more relevant for energy.

I keep my Matter device with energy support in Smartthings until Homey release Matter 1.3 but Iā€™m definitely looking forward for improvements from Homey in that area

2 Likes

Just finished watching the podcast. Great job. I love the kiosk idea for permissions

1 Like

On the topic of user permissions and dashboards, Emil described in the podcast an approach that will work on devices dedicated to running a single dashboard. However, this wonā€™t allow restricting what regular users can do when using their own Homey account on their own phone.

What if Athom instead added full-blown permission management but just on dashboards (not on devices, flows, etc) and added a user level that can only access dashboards (and of course only the dashboards they are allowed to see)? This would be not just a basic workaround for permission management, but an actual workable solution for most use cases.

Just my two centsā€¦

3 Likes

Abe, thanks for the response and for sharing your thoughts. I appreciate your transparency, but you only addressed part of my comment. If the goal is for community developers to experiment on their own (even if theyā€™re willing to take the risks), there needs to be some form of SDK, API documentation, or at least a hint to get started. Simply stating ā€œitā€™s possible to do itā€ isnā€™t quite enough without any further guidance. :cowboy_hat_face: Thatā€™s what I meant by ā€œpoking the hornetā€™s nestā€. A demo/MVP would be fantastic, maybe then someone will take over from there.

1 Like

About energy monitoring, it would be great to be able to add consumption data for specific points in time via the SDK. For example the energy provider in my city has no good possibility for renters to add a live energy reader, but it provides an API on which you can get the consumption in 15 minute intervals. BUT the data is only available with a 1-2 day delay.

Great episode, keep doing it itā€™s very niceā€¦ I have several questions / suggestions as an Apple devices user.

• It would be greatly appreciated to have an action in Shortcuts that allows us to open a Dashboard directly. This way, we could create ā€˜buttonsā€™ to open Dashboards.

• Also, there is a lack of a widget where accessories are displayed, as currently only Flows are supported. additionally : Lights, Activity, climate etc for room would be nice as a widget.

• There are no options available for the Control Center (new iOS 18 version). It would be great to be able to add an accessory, a flow, or a Dashboard.

• There is no ā€œCriticalā€ notification from Homey where some brand (camera or security) have it.

• In Shortcuts we are missing some actions such as get a return from a flow or a script or more simply turn on/off a light, this can be done but require a flows in Homey.

Thanks for the :green_apple: users

3 Likes

Hi everyone, Iā€™m looking for the magnetic wall mount for the iPad mentioned in the podcast. Does anyone know where I can find it?

You can find Emileā€™s thread here

2 Likes