Subject: Advice on the Best Weather and Forecasting App for France on Homey Pro

Hello everyone,

I’m looking for recommendations on the best weather app available on Homey Pro, specifically focused on reliable forecasting for France. I’d like to optimize my various automation scenarios based on accurate weather conditions.

If you’ve tried multiple apps or have a favorite for accuracy and features, I would greatly appreciate your advice. Any suggestions would be highly valued!

Thank you in advance for your help.

Best regards,
shahine

There are two from my perspective, which are best based on location in Europe, but not France :wink:

1 Like

As far as I know, Weather by Open-Meteo uses several weather/forecast suppliers depending on Homey’s location. So for France the App should use Météo-France.
If you need more information about this App, I suggest to visit the dedicated App Topic → [APP][Pro] Weather by Open-Meteo

1 Like

Thank you very much for your response and for the information about the use of multiple weather suppliers depending on the location. I still need your assistance. I have successfully installed the app, but when I try to edit a flow with a condition like “when it rains, then do this,” no cards appear.

As far as I understand, I shouldn’t need a specific device for this. If the app is properly integrated with Homey Pro, I should normally have access to weather-related cards, right?

You need to add one or more “Open-Meteo” device/es first, like usually with every App.
But it’s mentioned in the first post of the dedicated App Topic:

2 Likes

Thank you for the clarification. So, if I understand correctly, I need to purchase a weather station, for example, for this to work? I was under the impression that the app itself would provide the weather information.

Dirk, I’m wondering what the benefit of the app is if I have to purchase a weather station that already provides weather information

No. Just install the app and try creating a device for it in the Homey app…

1 Like

Robert, I almost hesitate to ask for more advice because you’ve already helped me so much, directly or indirectly. I’m really grateful for all your assistance. However, could you please explain how to create a device with open weather
in the Homey app?

Add device…select Open Weather… etc.

Add device ? Witch device ?

1 Like

Thank you so much, Robert, you’re a lifesaver! I mostly use the web application, and thanks to you, I finally understand how to do it. Now I can manage just as well on mobile! A thousand thanks again!

thanks a lot for your assistance

Ah, you seem to think of a “device” being a physical piece of hardware.
But “adding a device” can also mean a software device.

1 Like

Yes, I finally understood thanks to you, a thousand thanks! Using a translator has a few drawbacks, lol.
P.S. Please bear with us—we’re so bad with languages… and not just with languages, to be honest!

1 Like