SmartPlug energy usage for actions flows HomeyPro

Hi, I am looking for a verry small SmartPlug that can read life energy usage
and can use that to check if the device behind it is switch off or on and a flow can set an action to follow.

Anyone experience with it and can it be done?
And if so, what plug can I use that is the smallest not to mess of the spaces you can use.

1 Like

Of course can it be done. But which frequency? Z-Wave, Zigbee, WiFi, 433 MHz?

This thread has been moved to the english forum, if you have any problems with that please feel free to contact me or another moderator.

Hi,
It can be Z-Wave, Zigbee I think, the others use very much power Wifi a specially I have heard.
433MHz are already so many things on

Home Pro should be easily use Z-Wavce and Zigbee, as long as I don’t need an other bridge or hub for it.

I have several Fibaro Smart Plugs (Z-Wave) in use, and I’m satisfied with them and the response to power changes is very good. But you can also adjust it. It’s also possible to include or exclude the self-consumption.
There are similar small smart plugs available from other manufacturers, such as NEO Coolcam (Z-Wave) or Shelly (WiFi), but I have no experience with them.

By the way, the power consumption of the Fibaro Smart Plug is according to the manual with max 1.6 W higher than that of the Shelly Plug S (< 1 W, according to the manual).

Edit
Another point to keep in mind is if the smart plug is designed to handle the power of the device.