Smart rolling shutters

Hi,

I am looking to integrate my rolling shutters in Homey. I already have motor controlled rolling shutters, so I do not want to replace these motors.

The shutters currently work with these switches:

Shopping online, I found the Qubino ZMNHCD1, but this module is not (yet) supported by the Qubino app.

Does anyone have a solution for this? I have motors that run on 230v and I prefer using Zwave Plus devices.

Thanks in advance.

Fibaro modules work just fine with Homey :slight_smile:

True, but the Fibaro module is not Zwave plus :wink:

True, but does that really matter? :wink:

I’ve had 5 of them since a couple of years, never had any issue with them.

Since one of the shutters is located at the other side of my house, I was planning to use it as a repeater for other devices :slight_smile:

Ah yes, that’s a good reason. Unless you can use a supported Z±module for one of those other devices, than your repeater-hardware is also settled :slight_smile:

I made the mistake of thinking that I could use my NEOCam doorsensor as a forwarding hub, but I missed the bit that only powered ZW+ modules should be used to extend the network haha.

Not sure where you read that, as any powered zwave device can be a relay device, yes even normal zwave devices between homey and zwave plus devices.
You might be mis reading about direct associations, which indeed can not always go from normal zwave to zwave plus, but that has nothing to do with routing capabilities.
Or missing the difference between battery powered (neo door sensor) vs “regular” powered.

1 Like

I have read that on https://en.robbshop.nl/about-z-wave/characteristics-z-wave# section 5.1

But I do not seem to get the mesh working trough an other device. (NEO Coolcam door sensor
https://en.robbshop.nl/door-window-sensor-z-wave-plus-neo-coolcam )

That is because it is battery powered (being a relay device would drain the battery by ten fold), not mains powered, has nothing to do with it being a normal zwave or zwave plus device.

1 Like

That explains a lot, I was misunderstanding at that point.
Thank you for clearing that up.

For now I have ordered the Fibaro module, tomorrow the post will have this new toy for me :slight_smile:

So a ZW-module can repeat a ZW+ signal!? Didn’t know that, thanks for the info! :slight_smile:

@Fire69 Just to clarify, the actual protocol (communication) between Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus does not really change (putting S2 security aside for the moment)… the Z-Wave Plus chipset simply offers some improvements in how it performs within a Z-Wave network (e.g. further, more efficiently and using less power), as apposed to what it is communicating (the Z-Wave protocol). So a Z-Wave and Z-Wave Plus device can talk to each other (including repeating the mesh signal for non-battery powered devices), but a Z-Wave Plus device cannot improve the “performance” of standard Z-Wave device.

I hope this makes sense, there is a good chance I have just confused things more :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

It makes sense :wink:

Thanks for that! :slight_smile:

Try also looking at this:

Homey and Fibaro Roller Shutter

Works fine for me… :nerd_face:

Thanks for that! :slight_smile: