Smart blinds tilt only options

I have ordered new blinds and I am looking for ways to make them smart using Homey. Ordering the blinds with motors added € 400,- to € 600,- per motor. And it required 230V. This was because all of these options also added the ability to roll up the blinds.

So, what are my options? I only want to be able to tilt the blinds. They are 5 cm wide. Ordered them from Veneta. Preferrably battery or solar powered. And of course it should work with Homey :slight_smile:

Do you have a link to your blinds? So we can see what you have.

Just a guess, but maybe this is something?
SwitchBot Blind Tilt | Smart Blinds & Electric Shades – SwitchBot US also works with Homey :slight_smile: (product video)

These are the blinds: Zwarte Houten Jaloezie Harmony 50mm Op Maat (Zwart ND091) | Veneta.com®

I have looked at the SwitchBot products. But they only seem to work if you have a rod to tilt.

Ah then you probably have to look at something like this: https://www.robbshop.nl/en/somfy-motor-tilt-50-rts-wirefree
And build it inside of the blind cover

I wonder if you adapt something like this SOMA Smart Shades 3 - Smart motor for roller shades
Basically convert the two tilt cords into one loop.

Thanks for the suggestion! This seems like a really good option. And Robbshop has some more options I noticed.

1 Like

Would be possible, but with a little bit of fiddling the option that martijnpoppen suggestion is perhaps better.

2 Likes

Coincidentally, I had the same question with the manufacturer of my blinds. The store where I ordered it said it was not possible, so I contacted the manufacturer. He sent the question back to the store where I ordered. Here below the answer I received today in Dutch…

Brel Tilt only motor 12V kost € 199,00 per jaloezie € 398,00
Oplader 12V € 38,95
Afstandsbediening meerdere kanalen € 59,95 totaal Brel motor € 496,90

Somfy Tilt only motor 12V kost € 269,00 per jaloezie € 538,00
Oplader 12V € 45,00
Afstandsbediening meerdere kanalen € 159,00 totaal Brel motor € 742,00

Doordat zij deze motor achteraf moeten inbouwen komt er aan de onderzijde van de bak een minuscuul klein gaatje.
Voor de rest is alles gewoon mooi afgewerkt.
Optie is eventueel nog bij alle 2 de jaloezieën een nieuwe bovenbak, deze gaan € 136,00 en € 102,00 extra kosten.

Fibaro FGR-223 - using them for 4 years, with “non smart” Soomfy motors, yet they works fine, except that older models seems to be dying after 3 years (ZWave chip issue).

Thanks all! Somfy is looking better and better.

@JeroenD , which one did you pick in the end?

The Somfy option. But i will install it my self. On Youtube you can find some install video’s. so how hard can it be…:see_no_evil:

1 Like

Thanks all!

1 Like