Motorized smart curtains support

Hi,

I am kinda new to all this, so please bear with me :slight_smile:

I am looking into making my curtains smart, and I’ve been looking for a motor, that can do the job for me, and also should be able to connect with Homey.

I’ve come across this one, that physically fits my needs in terms of installing the motor on my curtains, but I would like to know if someone knows whether this one is compatible with Homey through Tuya, and / or if I need another Zigbee gateway to make this work?

I would also love to hear other experiences and options for that ype of curtains I have, where the motor is connected to the physical curtain “rope” - I would just like to have a setup where I can do rules to make them go up and down depending on the weather, temperature and stuff :slight_smile:
Thanks so much in advance!

Soma is another make. Certainly more expensive but will work with Homey.

Another maker is Axis Gear, but I don’t have any experience.

Another one is the Aqara Roller Shade Driver E1.
Actually it’s not supported by the Homey Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbee app, but hopefully in the near future.

https://www.aqara.com/eu/product/roller-shade-driver-e1

2 Likes

Roller shades and double roller blinds can also be retrofitted with a Motion tube motor, way nicer than motorizing the rope control. Wireless, near invisible, quiet and with 2 way communication so you always know the exact position, even when controlled by an external remote:

Any option to connect this driver E1 to Homey? Just bought it and was sure this can be connected due I connected some aqara items already…
Thanks for answer

Well, two posts above you could have read it is not right now. Maybe the developer of the app will add it someday, and maybe a donation will help him buy a sample to test with. You can ask in the topic. But he does have a day job too. In the future, check the app store. There you can see which devices are supported.

1 Like