Controller (and parts) for controlling vertical blinds

Anyone here got a good solution for controlling vertical blinds through Homey? I bought the Aqara roller shade driver e1, and later found out it wasn’t supported in any way. So…I’m looking for a replacement :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Maybe just wait a little bit…

Alternatives:
Soma Connect
Axis Gear

Thanks. Dutch isn’t exactly my fortè. I’ve seen the question asked numerous times, but the only times it’s been in a language I understand it’s been asked either without an answer or with advice to go for another system (that’s not available to me). I’ll see if I can find which of the apps this is, but I guess it’s the Xiaomi Mi app?

I use Google Translator oder DeepL.com for such cases… :wink:

Don’t know if I understand you.
The Aqara Roller Shade E1 Driver will be added to the Aqara & Xiaomi ZigBee app with the next app update. However, there is no information from the app developer when the new app version will be released.
By the way, I am also eagerly waiting for the Aqara Roller Shade E1 Driver to be added. :wink:

3 Likes

Ah, ok. I was hoping it would be in the github version, but didn’t see it in the list.

Have you been able to add the roller shade driver e1 in the Mi Home app? If so, how did you do it? I’ve managed to add the m1s hub, but not the driver. And if I understand correctly, they need to be in the Mi Home app (not Aqara Home) for it to work?

Ok, I didn’t a looked on GitHub. But because quite a lot of users are waiting for the support of the Aqara Roller Shade E1 Driver, Ted would at least release a test version I guess.

Because the Aqara Roller Shade E1 drivers are actually not supported, I haven’t bought one yet… :wink:
So I can’t answer your questions, sorry.

Ok, thanks. I’ll try to figure out how to add the driver to the Mi Home app, as I understand that’s key to getting it into the app.

You’re using this, aren’t you? Xiaomi Mi Home App for Homey | Homey

For what exactly?

I was hoping you had some other aqara devices devices connected with the app :slight_smile:

No, I use the Aqara & Xiaomi ZigBee for my Aqara devices.

Your devices are in Aqara Home app, or Mi Home? I haven"t found a way to get token and mac from aqara’s cloud…

For the Aqara & Xiaomi ZigBee app, no Aqara or Mi hub is needed, so no token or whatever is needed.
The Aqara devices are paired directly with Homey, not with any other hub.
So I don’t use the Aqara or Mi Home app.

Btw, there is no app in the app store that supports the original Aqara hub.

Thanks, I just discovered that. I was mixing up all the apps, so it was refreshing to discover this had direct communication instead of through the cloud :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

But the E1 is not supported in the Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbee app on homey.
How can I pair it directly with homey?

You can’t (but it wasn’t implied that the Aqara & Xiaomi Zigbee app would support every device), you have to wait for support (which, as far as I’ve understood, depends on Athom adding certain functionality in the Zigbee stack before it’s even possible for an app developer to add support for these devices).

2 Likes

If you haven’t seen it, it’s supported now

1 Like