Slow Flow

I received some tips from Athom yesterday on how flows work. Maybe it will help you. Since you are using advanced flows, bear this in mind.

• In normal flows the entire “Then” block of flow cards is fired as fast as possible. So if you need to have a certain order to your commands you have to use delay blocks in normal flows to guarantee the right order.

• In advanced flows flow cards are always fired sequentially if the flow is constructed that way (which is different from normal flows). The flow will only go to the next flow card if the current flow card has finished executing.
    When sending a command to multiple devices it is recommended to add delay blocks. The delay card is not necessary between system cards (since there is no command sent to a device).
    Even in the case of sending a command to multiple devices, you could probably group them together with 10 calls at the same time then 1 second delay. then another group of 10 etc.

Following this advice, I imagine you have more success with the following examples, assuming you do not really care if all happen exactly at once.
Note I have added error connectors, just in case one fails, it will move to the next.

2 Likes