'Simple' and properly working system for automatic sunscreens

What action are you taking when the sunscreens are out and a small cloud comes over and it starts to rain?

Well, my sunscreens are aluminium rollers. So, a shower would not be a problem. However, I recently purchased a Netatmo Rain sensor for the purpose/problem you mention.

better logic mathjs expression box has a mean function which calculate averages.
http://mathjs.org/docs/reference/functions/mean.html

round(mean(temp1, temp2, temp3),2)

Don’t know if the athom logic flow cards can use this function.

normal logic does not have the mean function, just the round option.

Any change that a feature request for the mean function will make it?
I have seen some other feature requests for the athom logic app on github.

You’ll have to contact Athom about that on their new support channel, they don’t read this Community forum.

There is always a possibility that it gets added, but you won’t know unless you ask them.

Hello Berend,

Is this still the way to go for you?
In a few weeks i will recieve my new screens and i want to automate these.
I think your flow series is a good point to start.

Are there any updates/changes in this?

Please let me know. (mag ook in het nederlands:laughing:)

Hello Freddie, the principle to know when screens should be out by means of two temperature sensors (shadow and sun temp) is for me definitely still the way to go. I implemented some improvements or simplifications in formulas. For example the calculation of average temperatures. Furthermore there are quite a bit of parameters/flows in order to have the right screen down at the right time of the day. If you want to know more I am here to provide…

Hi Berend, Thnx for the quick reply.

I would love to know wich simplifications or changes in formulas you have done.
If it is not to much trouble, could you share you current set of flows?

Hello,

I am willing to share complete flows, however I don’t know how to do that.

So, my automatic sunscreen system has 2 global conditions: a certain temperature in sunlight need to be reached which is 25 degrees in my case, and the sun need to shine. Normally when the sun temperature gets higher than shadow temperature it starts to get sunny. However my condition is 6 degrees difference between sun and shadow to enable “modus sunscreens” and when the difference gets less than 3 degrees the “modus sunscreens” is disabled. This is to avoid too much activity of sunscreens.

So, each condition sets a boolean to True when its conditions are reached. When both booleans are True “modus sunscreens” will be enabled. The app “Virtual Devices” is very useful to do this, because Virtual Devices modus can be used as flow trigger to actually close screens. Than I have for each sunscreen two flows: one for closing and one flow for opening. A condition for closing is always the time of the day (closing is not required when the sun doesn’t heat up that particular window).

The measurement of temperatures is a tricky one, because with that you can adjust the general activity of closing/opening screens also. The formula I use for averaging temperatures is:

round((((11*variable ‘average sun temp’)+actual sun temp)/12,2)

The result of this formula updates the Better Logic variable ‘average sun temp’ which is subsequently used in the conditions flows.

By the way: I experience problems with the Fibaro Roller Shutter 3 in Homey. All other shutters I use are Fibaro Roller Shutters 2 which work fine. But version 3 doesn’t work as it should with Homey. I am able to control the shutter ‘manually’ from within Homey, but for some reason the shutter doesn’t close when closing conditions are met.

I just mention this since you told us you are setting up a new shutter system.

Thnx for your input as soon as my screens are installed i will setup the flows.
My screens use Somfy RTS so i hope this will work fine to.

I will let you know if i have any questions regarding this topic.

For this I make a screenshot off WHEN, AS and THEN. I adjust these pictures with cropping. Then I use on ios an app called Instaframe+, where you can vertical stich these three pictures.

I’ve got a much easier flow, I’ve got 4 vertical sunscreens and they are closed when is’t hotter than 20 degrees. In the rooms that have the sunscreens I’ve got a movement sensor, when the screen is shut and there is movement, the lights go on, so you don’t stand in the dark :). I want to improve it using the lux value of the movement sensor, so I can fix that the screens only shut when it’s sunny

When it’s sunny, the inhouse temp will rise and I don’t want that :slight_smile: