Siemens/Bosch home connect, Am I missing something or is it not smart?

Actually…

I think therenis something wrong with the app developped by homey…

I also linked my home connect app to IFTTT.

I created two flows in Homey:

• one to let the athom home-connect watch if thr dishwasher is ready

• one to let the IFTTT app in homey alert me when the dishwasher is ready

The IFTTT flow works every time and correct.
The Athom app works never

So the dishwasher does its job but the homey app is not picking it up.

I now did the following:

1. set my dishwasher to “always allow remote start”
  2. create a flow to watch over solarpaner generation, as soon as the panels are delivering enough power I let the homey app start the dishwasher.
  3. I use an IFTTT flow to monitor -if- the dishwasher actually starts, if this is the case then I disable the flow I mention in nr.2 above. I also set a boolean variable to set that state.
  4. I created a time based flow that starts the dishwasher at 14:00 if it didnt start automatically by then (i use the boolean variable to check that)
  5. I use an IFTTT flow to monitor if the dishwasher finishes, if that happens I set the boolean back.
    5)I created a virtual device that enables the flow again when I turn it on (when the flow gets disabled I also turn off this virtual device)

In this combination stuff works for me.

When I want the dishwasher to run -now- I jist start it manually on the dishwasher.

When I want the dishwasher to run when there is enough solar power i “start” it by enabling that virtual device.

The app developer is Home Connect GmbH Homey apps by Home Connect GmbH Seems to be developed / maintained by Bosch/Siemens itself.

Great that you have found a work-around. I’ve abandoned IFTTT after they had a huge price increase, but will check them again, though it would be preferable if the app would someday simply work. Good to know that it does not seem to be a hardware issue.

Where did you find the “always allow remote start”? My washer only has a button that allows it for a specific time interval and thought my dishwasher also needed to be set to the app manually each time.

Its one of three options I have for remote start:

1. no remote start (just look at status)
  2. remote start per-time (every time you fill the dishwasher and want to auto start it later you have to set it to allow that)
  3. just alow remote start always

I was struggeling with options 3 in combination with my wish to auto-start the dishwasher, I ofcourse do not want the dishwasher to start when there are no dishes in.

Second requirement is that you are also able to start the dishwasher by hand without that messing up the automation.

I think I have that fixed now.

IFTTT is free with max 5 automations… Mine are running in those five.

It should not be necessary though.

The homey app for home connect seems to be simply broken, the integration between IFTTT and home connect is working fine and so is the integration between Homey and IFTTT …

You can set it in the Home Connect app.