Show variable on button in place of energy

Does this result in the possibility to show such field on the button of a device ?

thats good, unfortunaly it is not possible to show one (or more) of the fields in the icon.(status indicator)

And exactly this is what I would like to do… Not something that can be done by an app I expect which is why I posted it here…

Thats why I tested it, probably it will be added by @Arie_J_Godschalk if possible.

I can create that for a number or a yes/no, but not for text.

1 Like

I have updated Test to 1.5.1, now able to select the number or boolean as status indicator in small Icon or Mobile app.

2 Likes

Meaning, yes, you can use this to show the status of a flow, but i guess you have to do that numerical.
I, indeed, cannot make the Text available in Small Icon/Mobile form.

btw, adding Button option right now, so the button can be used for flows and there responses.

Added: Buttons (can be set through settings) can be added, so you can use it as a push button for flows.

2 Likes

Wauw. I will be sure to test that, numerical status is fine for me !

1 Like

Looks like i found a solution for text also!
Ill let it know!

1 Like

That would be a real break through, Arie!

Update to version 1.5.3.

Delete the device and recreate it (i changed to much ;))
Then set the status indicator to status.

Then you can set the status through a new actioncard:

The Zero (0) is needed to function correctly in the Mobile App.

Also, the mobile app doesn’t update correctly always: maybe we need a ticket for support from Athom.

1 Like

Screenshot_20220824-194300_Homey~01

1 Like

@Arie_J_Godschalk
How did you got a text capability showing up in the device tile? As I know this is only possible for numeric capabilities?

This is really cool… it means i can add a short code to the button for “dishwasher” showing if it is running, cooling down or off….

Will test asap !

Really very cool!
Some examples:

Screenshot_20220824-225142_Homey

But, it indeed doesn’t update well yet on it’s own. Closing and opening the app makes it updating:

Or selecting anothere zone/room and go back will also make it update.

I will send in a ticket to athom support. But since i am using a nondescript function/ hack to achieve the statustext, im not sure the will hurry to fix it :wink:

1 Like

Thanks again Arie! It works perfect on my dashboard, and for me that’s perfect.

Thanks for the hint to switch zones to make it update inside the mobile app.

Please note that i am working on a upgrade which would probably mean it is better to recreate the device after next update. (or recreate the fields through settings so flows don’t break)

2 Likes

Sounds promising. I would be happy to add one capability several times (measure_temperature or similar) with a unique description for each capability. This way it would be possible to combine more than one sensor into a virtual sensor.