[APP][Pro&Cloud] Shelly

do i just need you app? no settings in unit?

You will need the Shelly smartphone app to setup the device (like configure the WiFi etc.). After that you should not really need it anymore. Controlling the device can be done through Homey.

Hello!

I buy a pair of shelly 1 and 2. The 1 works perfectly with homey, but the shelly 2 don’t work as a roller shutter. I push the button of relay 1 and relay 2 and nothing happens. With shelly android app they work perfect. I do anything wrong?

Captura

No, currently only relay mode is supported. I’d have to find out how to dynamically change the capabilities when it’s switched to roller shutter mode.

2 Likes

Thanks for fast reply!

Are you working on this? Need some donation for buy shelly 2?

If shelly 2 works fine for roller shutter is an excellent option in price, 20€ and not 50€ of fibaro and qubino roller shutters.

I worked on it this morning. It’s a bit of guessing without the actual device but I just pushed a new release to Github. Do you know how to do a command line install so you can test this?

If so, please be specific in your findings so I can try improve the support.

1 Like

Hi @Phuturist

I install your new version 1.2.0 and nothing changes.

if helps, in homey (preview) android app, i get this error when i click on relay buttons:

Something went wrong adressing device (name of device) (invalid_capability)

Shelly 2 is more complex than shelly 1, it have several options to configure:

I appreciate your work a lot. If you need more information I will help you as much as I can. Thank you!

You will need to repair the device as a “Shelly 2 Roller Shutter” device.

1 Like

OK!!

Re-paired as a roller shutter. Now shows 6 buttons, none of them works:

In theory shelly 2 only have 2 buttons, whit several options to work. If you need more info i give you some screenshots of the shelly app.

And every several seconds the device show as unreachable in homey, but really don’t loose comunication.

roller

I have uploaded a new release. You will need to remove and repair your Shelly 2 Roller Shutter device. Could you use the athom app run command and post any errors in the output here when pairing and controlling the device.

1 Like

App updated and devide re-paired. Now show 3 buttons and no go to unreachable.

But nothing happens when i click the buttons.

in command athom app run no info is displayed when i add the device and click the buttons:

again I thank you for all your work and help!! it seems incredible to me that without having the device you can make it work!!

Well, as you can see it’s not working yet and getting it to work without the device is not the most efficient way. But it should be possible. Don’t have a clue why it’s not working yet though, I’ll see if I can add some extra debug logging that should give me more hints on what is going on.

I have added extra debug logging in the latest version on GitHub. Could you use the CLI command athom app run, try and change the roller shutter from the device card and post the output from the console here.

1 Like

Here is the log I have in command prompt:

send command result is:
{ wifi_sta: { connected: true, ssid: ‘ubiquiti’, ip: ‘192.168.1.110’ },
cloud: { enabled: true, connected: true },
mqtt: { connected: false },
time: ‘00:00’,
serial: 37,
has_update: false,
mac: ‘827D3A5B270D’,
relays:
[ { ison: false,
has_timer: false,
overpower: false,
is_valid: true },
{ ison: false,
has_timer: false,
overpower: false,
is_valid: true } ],
rollers:
[ { state: ‘stop’,
power: 0,
is_valid: true,
safety_switch: false,
stop_reason: ‘normal’,
last_direction: ‘close’ } ],
meters:
[ { power: 0,
timestamp: 1542067208,
counters: [Array],
total: 0 } ],
update:
{ status: ‘idle’,
has_update: false,
new_version: ‘20181031-101144/v1.3.5@62608979’,
old_version: ‘20181031-101144/v1.3.5@62608979’ },
ram_total: 50560,
ram_free: 36968,
fs_size: 233681,
fs_free: 161644,
uptime: 120782 }
[ { state: ‘stop’,
power: 0,
safety_switch: false,
stop_reason: ‘normal’,
last_direction: ‘close’ } ]
rollers[0].state is: stop

This all looks good, I fixed another bug that prevented controlling the roller shutter. Could you try downloading and running it again.

Yes, it’s working now!!!

The 3 buttons works perfectly, at night I test the cards in flows!!!

1 Like

Hello,

I’m testing the flow cards of shelly 1 & 2.

In shelly 2 the card of “set state” up & down works perfect, idle not tested. The “change roller shutter” don’t work or I don’t understand how does this work. I think that is a temporized output, but don´t work.

I think is very important a temporized output, to open a % of blind in a flow ( f.e for ventilating the room)

In shelly 1 all the cards seem that work perfect.

Again I appreciate all your help and dedication to help me

The percentage card is probably generated by Homey automatically since I use the device class for roller shutters. The current Shelly API does not support changing a blind to a specific percentage but only supports changing it during a configured number of seconds. For this I have created a custom action card. I noticed it still contained a bug and have just uploaded a new version on Github.

Could you please test this custom card to see if it can fit your needs (you will have to test how long you want the blinds to move).

1 Like

hello @Phuturist,

I tested the new card and works perfect for me. At this moment your app has everything I need.

I see that homeydash is created by you, so thanks again, I also use that app.

Now I can buy some more shelly 2 to automated the remaining blinds.

A big thanks for all your work!!

Good to hear, I’ll submit this version to the app store. I did not create Homeydash but only create a couple of widgets for it, credits for Homeydash go to Bas Jansen (Bas here on the forum).

1 Like