Hi there, does anybody know if there is the possibility to connect Senec from EnBw with homey (battery of photovoltaik device)
Thank you Claus-Dieter
Senec Batteries do have an API, so if someone build an App based on that, it should be possible.
But until now, there is no App for Homey available, so no not yet!
You can submit request to Homey Community App Requests - #555 by BigM
ā¦and in the meantime check out ioBroker option - iobroker.senec - npm (via MQTT you can try to integrate into Homey)
Thanks a lot for your feedback! Do you know if there are professionell smart meters for private use available, which can provide homey with the information about the current status like: IF there is an outgoing power flow into the public power network AND somebody is at home THAN switch on the ādevice aā in my house (in order to use the overfloading energy by myselfe). Lets assume that device a is already connected with hw.
Thank you!
Claus-Dieter
Interesting. I am at the moment comparing battery proposals. And I am concerned and puzzled about Homey compatibility. It would be great to get more clarity on this topic - which battery systems can be linked into Homey with existing available apps.
Hi there,
Are there any news about connecting SENEC battery to Homey?
Thanks, Stefan
Iām currently working on an app for my SENEC battery, but thereās no set timeline yet. I have a SENEC.Home V3 Hybrid Duo. If you have any ideas or feature requests, feel free to let me know.
I now have a working version. Thereās still a bit missing before I can upload the app. I also donāt quite know yet whether I should create the battery, inverter and enflurie as separate devices.
Really great would be if the force load and Switch back to normal would be aviable for flows so i cloud force the load of the battery in Winter times when energy is cheap via Tibber and set it back to normal Mode when itās expensive
If the inverter supports ModbusTCP (Modbus via LAN), you can try this app.
But you need a manufacturers manual with Modbus registers and datatypes. So really technical.
As far as I have seen, Senec does not support Modbus. However, the app I created 2 months ago runs reliably. The app still needs a few small adjustments, then Iāll put it online.
For the people who are interested in playing around with the code or want to help, I have uploaded the app to Github. But I donāt think it will work at the moment because Iāve already started to rebuild certain things. Otherwise, I think I might be able to finish the app by the end of this week.
Small status update. I have fixed the app and also slightly extended it. You can add a Senec memory, but this has the fixed ip 192.168.4.20. This is not a big deal, because if the device has been paired, you can correct the ip in the device settings afterwards. However, I am still correcting the pairing process.
Update:
Over the last few months, Iāve been playing around and made a few changes to the app. It works so far, but the app should be made a little prettier before publishing it. The setting that the battery should load or release the load also works so far.
Hey Daniel,
thank you for your efforts for the App. Maybe I can join in testing and coding. But I have some issues to install your app in my Homey Pro. Maybe you can provide a more detailed description how to install it.
I activated the SSH feature of Homey, downloaded the code (main.zip) from Github, unpacked it. But when I try to start the homey app install I got error messages from npm.
So maybe you can help me and then I will see how I can join your project.
Thank you
Michael
You have to install all dependencies with ānpm installā. I have updated the README and added better labels with claude. Please post the error message. This helps me to better understand what went wrong. You can also create an issue in Github. I get them faster.

