Running homey pro on same network but several apartment units

I’m looking to use homey pro for automation in our rental units. All units operate of the same unify network on different floors in a small condominium building.

We need to run off the same network so that our guest who rent more than one unit can roam from unit to unit.

What is the best way to set this up?

I was thinking using the bridges but I’m not sure if. They run over Ethernet. Can I use one honey pro in each unit have one essentials be the master and the others act as bridges

Any help would be appreciated

Homey bridges don’t have ethernet connectors, and can’t be extended with an ethernet dongle like with the Pro23.

But how would you use bridges as Pro23 satellites controlling different rental units. Not possible.
Well, a bit when it comes to one rental unit: It’s possible to select the bridge as 433Mhz/IR antenna-over-(W)LAN for any 433/IR device, IF the accompanying apps support this functionality…

So i think you’d use either Homey Cloud + bridge (only when you need local radio like zigbee/zwave/bluetooth/433MHz/IR; Cloud-2-cloud apps don’t need the bridge),
or a Pro in each rental unit.

Homey cloud depends on uninterrupted internet and Athom cloud continuously btw.

_

When using multiple Homey Pro only: Sort of.
By using webhooks, and or using the Homesh app set.

1 Like

First of all, welcome to the Homey Community!

To make sure you are aware of the forum rules, please read the Welcome to the forum! post here.