Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

Hi @Bilao, @Reece_Pomana,

I’m sorry for the issue’s you’re experiencing, the latest update was from a Pull Request by a user of the app. (A PR is someone who writes some code and send it to the app owner to include it in an app) The ne version was tested by the submitter of the PR. I’ve contacted him if he can help out troubleshooting this as I don’t have this particular device. If he’s not able to help I will revert back to the older version.

I am curious however, what happens when you remove the device from Homey and next add it again, does it function then?

I did follow these steps by removing it and reconnecting it back again, but no success :man_shrugging:, same result.
Thank you @DaneedeKruyff

@DaneedeKruyff Thanks mate for your help. I was able to reconnect but doesn’t seem to be any communication between Homey and the devices. The motion and the tamper values read “Last value unknown”. At one point, one of the devices said last seen 54 years ago… strange lol.

Thanks for looking into this for us.

I also have the issue that the motionsensors are not working anymore since the update. Please roll-back this version

Yesterday evening I reverted the Pull Request, this morning I got confirmation the new test version is working, I just submitted it to Athom for approval. I expect the new vesrion to be available anytime today.

Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

2 Likes

Thank you Danee for all the good work: the update is there, and the sensor is working again!

1 Like

Quick question; does Heimdall support multiple Ring keypads?

Yes, definitely.

Perfect, thanks ! :slight_smile:

New test version published

@Codeneos has submitted a new Pull Request in which he did some work on the Motion Sensor V2. For now I’ve published it as a test version.

Version: 0.2.20

• New inclusion instructions for Motion Sensor V2
  • Added Tamper detection to Motion Sensor V2

Thanks @Codeneos for the Pull Request

@Bilao, @Reece_Pomana, @Siepje or maybe someone else who has the Motion Sensor V2 but didn’t report the problem with it earlier. Could you please try the test version and let me know if your Motion Sensor V2 still operates as before?
You can find it here: Ring Security | Homey

I have downloaded the test update and will see how it goes over the next few days. Cheers

1 Like

Just started using the ring security app with 0.2.19 so cannot comment how it worked before that, but 0.2.20 seems to work fine; the tamper alarm works and motion alarms do too.
I did not try the pairing instructions yet, will do that as soon as I add the next sensor.

Thanks @Marc_Verdiesen!
@Reece_Pomana can you comment on you experience with the test version?

Hi @DaneedeKruyff ,
All working fine up to now. No issues with any motion or contact sensors I have installed.
Thanks
Reece

Tried the pairing sequence with a new V2 sensor a few times. I found that the current pairing sequence does not completely match what I experienced.

What I think it should be:
OPENING SCREEN TEXT:

• Make sure you have the device’s pincode available. It is printed on the rear cover and on a separate leaflet included in the box
  • Press the pinhole in the battery compartment until the led becomes red. When the device is already paired to a network this requires only a short press. Alternatively, to completely reset the device, press the pinhole for about 10 seconds until the led becomes red.
  • Soon after, the green led will start repeated show short sequences of 3 blinks.
  • Press the front button for a few seconds until the blinking stops
    WHEN PAIRING RECEIVED GO TO NEXT SCREEN
    SHOW TEXT:
  • press the front button for a few seconds again until the blinking stops.
    WHEN TRIGGER RECEIVED GO TO NEXT SCREEN.
    SHOW TEXT:
    Enter the device’s pin code.

Would be nice if someone can verify this :slight_smile:

@daneedekruyff. I have a ring motion sensor V2, a ring door sensor V2 and an outdoor siren that I am not using yet. Would you be interested to borrow them for a while to polish the integration and to add the outdoor siren? Assuming you live in the Netherlands, I could send them to you and include a return shipment box. So no cost to you.

1 Like

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

Could it be that the ‘sensitivity’ parameter of the Motion Sensor V2 is exactly the reverse of what it displays? I’ve done some testing but a lower value seems to give a higher sensitivity.
Low (1) makes the sensor react sooner than Very High (4).
Can someone verify this ?

Test version 0.2.20 promoted to stable version

@Codeneos had submitted a Pull Request in which he did some work on the Motion Sensor.

Version: 0.2.20

• New inclusion instructions for Motion Sensor V2
  • Added Tamper detection to Motion Sensor V2

Thanks @Codeneos for the Pull Request

Hello,

Is it possible to add a ring base alarm system like you do with hue hub, for example?+

Thanks