Ring Security - Extend Heimdall with Ring Security products

First of all, thanks for the work on this app, it looks really great!

Unfortunately, I am facing the same problem with the keypad v2 not responding. Haven’t been able to figure out when/what could be causing the freeze yet. For me the keypad almost never respond. Even after factory reset or when never using the ok or cancel button. But sometimes the keypad works. What seems to work more often is the audio notification of which surveillance mode is switched on (from homey).
Changing the keypad settings with the app doesn’t seem to work either and I have therefore not been able to test much.

The red coloured wireless symbol is sometimes lit on the keypad. Z-Wave coverage is however good.

If anyone has an idea of something to try that might isolate the root cause please let me know.

@DaneedeKruyff is the outdoor sensor already supported? I want to buy it. Thx!

Hi @Yannick_Eeckelaert,

No, it’s not supported. It looks to be a very new device (at least for the EU) as I’ve never seen it before and it’s also not available (yet) in the Z-Wave Alliance’s certified devices catalog.
It seems to me it’s just a contact sensor that’s made weather proof and I think I can integrate it when I have the device information.
That would take someone buying it, adding it to Homey and providing me with the devices ID’s. From that I should be able to write the driver, but I can give no guarantees as there is no device documentation availble.

These devices are too expensive for me to buy, there are a couple of hundred users of the Ring Keypads and little less then 10 users of the other Ring Security devices such as the motion and contact sensors. The number of donations for this app is even lower than those 10.

Ok, I understand. Wil order the device en give you everything to add it. Thx! For the reply

1 Like

Hi. I’d like to add the ring keypad v2 to my homey. Do i need a ring base station or can i do it directly? Thanks.

Hi. Which siren do you mean? I’d like to add the outdoor siren of ring. Very nice design. Is it possible? Thanks

No, you don’t need the Ring base station. This app will let you use the Ring Security devices with Homey.
Please see the first post and subsequent posts for more information.

1 Like

Thank you for reply. This is perfect. I will buy it. I was waiting for something like that, with nice design and so on.

What about the outdoor siren? Picture in attachment. Is there any chance to add this device to homey? I love the design and his features.

Thanks a lot.

No, the Siren is not supported. The devices that are supported can be found in the opening post of this topic.

I have received the device, tried to add it but it is an unknown device. What do you need from me to add it to your app? I also saw that for the sensor description contact is noted as Kontact whit a K

Thx in advance!

Hi @Yannick_Eeckelaert,

It was expected it would be added as an unknown device. Can you go to the devices (advanced) settings and take a screenshot of the Z-Wave Device information and post it here?

(btw, are you familiar with installing an app using the CLI? That would speed up getting the device supported significantly. )

@DaneedeKruyff
No, sry never used CLI to install app.

:s

@Yannick_Eeckelaert Thanks, I’ve published a new version to the test branche of the app: Ring Security | Homey

I made a 1 to 1 copy of the Contact Sensor V2, with the ID’s from your screenshot and new images. So, the pairing instructions, paring images etc will be wrong. If the device uses the ‘normal’ way for the contact functionality I expect the sensor to work, the same goes for the battery level. Btw, what battery is used for this device?

Can you please install the test version and let me know:

• if it’s properly recognised
  • if it shows a battery indicator
  • it the contact sensor reports

Fingers Crossed :wink:

Hi, question, is there a way to change Heimdall armed state without the Ring Keypad telling the status has changed? at night i automaticly change the mode to “partially armed” then the keypad voice sounds loudly which wakes my kids :smiley:

Does anyone knows a solution to this?

Thanks!

If it’s the Ring Keypad the first Generation you can turn off the setting Use spoken messages. If it’s a Ring Keypad from the second Generation you can set the Announcement Audio Volume to 0 (Zero)

Thanks for reply. I know. I was just wondering if it is planned to add this device in the future. If not, i try to kindly request it :wink: It would be great to have it. But I understand if it’s not possible. Thanks again!

No, it’s not planned. Adding devices takes time, especially when I don’t have the device and documentation is hard to find. (Ring is behind on publishing device information)

As I said earlier in the topic, buying all the Ring devices is too expensive and there are not much users of the other devices than the keypads and the number of donations for this app is low.

Hi Danee ,

Thank you so much for this app (and heimdall of course ) , saved me a lot of time otherwise I tried building a code panel myself for homey.

I really like the newly added siren options makes heimdall alarm going off more impressive for me than playing a siren sound via my google homes :slight_smile: .
Also i noticed the doorbell option of the keypad but I don’t have the ring video doorbell , so no automagic for me…
Is it possible for you to expose the doorbell sounds/trigger via an action card ? Just like the sirens so l can trigger it myself?

I don’t know if it is a lot of extra work for you or not, please let me know , anyway I would like the feature :slight_smile:

As some explanation of intended use cases ,

1. Extra door chime :slight_smile:
    And also to chime again if I did not open the door within a certain time period and I’m home … in case in missed it :slight_smile:

2. Several confirmation sounds
    I use the keypad (2nd gen) for setting some extra options and actions with homey and since I can’t hear homey talk from the location of the keypad it would be nice if I could play a sound (which isn’t as intrusive as the sirens) from the keypad to confirm it that would be even nicer if I can select which sound to play from the action card :slight_smile:

3. Play a warning sound such as the beep beep if the front door has been longer open than x time

4. Maybe more … don’t know it yet :slight_smile:

Hi @Fabien_Schmitz,

First of all thanks for your donation, very much appreciated!

I think you mean flow cards like these:

They will be available for both the 1st and 2nd Generation Keypads. The 1st Generation Keypad has a dedicated volume setting for the Chime which the 2nd hasn’t hence the slight difference in the flow cards.

These cards will be included in the next release, I’m currently waiting for the device icons for the Outdoor Sensor and Motion Sensor v2 (preliminary support), when I receive those I will publish this version.

Hi Danee ,

Your work is also much appreciated;)

But exactly that! Even the volume control is nice :slight_smile:
I like options!

1 Like