Ring Doorbell and Camera support for Homey

Certainly Danee, i’m very gratefull for your time and help you’re putting in to my problem
I followed the fix that was referred to me in answer to my post.

1. I shut down my Homey Pro and Homey Bridge (Satelite mode)
  2. I removed all connected devices except my iPhone from Ring
  3. Firstly I connected my iPad again and checked the Ring app is present.
  4. Secondly I rebooted my Homeys and waited for readiness
  5. I restarted the app Ring on Homey
  6. I repaired the Ring Doorbell on Homey and the camera picture returned in Homey. There are two connected devices appearing in Ring, one called Homey an one not specified by name

I thought the problem would be solved but it was not the case. I furthermore checked the doorbell device in Homey as I pushed the button on my Doorbell. The alarm is not shown in the status of the device. The picture is there and refreshes but the alarm does not get through. Very strange and irritating. Hope you have an idea what can be wrong.

Thanks, the fact you see the camera picture indicates authentication at Ring from the app is ok.
Could you please stop the Ring app on your Homey, start it again, wait for a bit and next push the button on the doorbell. After that, send a diagnostics report from tha app and report the ID here.

The ID is: bb55d70d-a21f-431e-81d0-580fb3210b23
I accidentaly removed the app and reinstalled it (and the devices too) and adjusted the flows too. Stil no result by the way.

1 Like

Quick update: the picture is frozen on that of two days ago but will refresh with the button temporarily. On return the two day pld picture is there again.

I have the same issue, connection with ring and can see the picture. The flow works, but when pressing the doorbell it doens’t activate the flow

Same problem,also my brother experience the same issues. Both this and the official arhom app does not responds to a ring or detection. I went several times through the removal of the connected devices in the app, and re authorize the app. But no result. Looks like ring made a change and that the ring app of homey requires an update?

I will have to look into this, my doorbell was still working recently, will test if it still the case or if it also stopped.

2 Likes

I have the same problems with the Ring Intercom, Ring App works fine, open the door with homey also works fine, but no alerts when the doorbell button is pressed.

Since two days now my ring goes off without someone pushing the button. Ghosting feature of Ring. It does so randomly but three times in a row.

I contacted Ring Support and they will send me a new Doorbell to try and resolve the problem. If so I will let you all know

Maybe dumb question but I cant see it. Why is there this app when there is the official Ring app. Is that one unofficially discontinued (i also get no notification there)?

Because Athom wanted to include Ring to their supported brands they wrote their own Ring app.
The community app existed long before that and offers more functionality, so users are attracted by the ‘official’ app (which isn’t developed by Ring) and stay for the community app :wink:

2 Likes

FYI: both apps are not communicating with homey. Where you able to reproduce the issue?

Ring cameras and doorbell working fine for me.

1 Like

I guess that is what Athom means when they say that “we are committed to supporting developers in every way we can” :thinking:

ok I’ll try yours today, maybe that works better :smiley:

I have both rings apps installed, would this cause a conflict?

So i deactivated the athom one installed yours and updated everything but sadly no notification :frowning:

Can i provide you any logs or something zo help you fix the issue? @DaneedeKruyff

Hi there,

I am using heimdall with your ring app,

Can you check my diagnostic 22f3ccf1-d44d-464f-9a55-79dd138e4dda

If theres a movement its not shown in homey, so heimdall sees nothing.

What am i doing wrong?

I already tried to reauthenticate.