RF (433mhz) not working?

It started a few months ago. Some of my wall switches that communicate over RF suddenly stopped working. No response, and could not add them again. They were using the app KlikaanKlikUit, and I assumed the issues was with this app. However, I recently bought another device that also used RF (roller blinds), and I have the same issue connecting that one. Now I realize these are my only RF devices, so it may seem like a general RF issue. Had other people test the same roller blinds with the same version of the app, and they had no issue.

Question is then if there is something I can try, other than restarting Homey? I really donā€™t want to send it back to the store if I can avoid it. My house will be crippled while the homey is outā€¦

PtP on Homey for a couple of minutes.
And try removing the batterys from all battery powered RF sensors devices. Sometimes these start jamming the RF frequency if the voltage drops blocking the signals. Then investigate if neighbors use a RF babyfoon or other transmitter device.

What specific devices are the ones you have trouble with, and is a reboot heling temporarily or not at all? That may help with identifying known issues.

If the above post does not help:

Another thing you can try is do a full firmware install (keeping data - so you wonā€™t loose anything, but backup first is highly reccommended all the same):

1. Put your Homey in recovery mode by placing it upside down, awaiting the countdown and hearing the welcome message, and putting it back on itā€™s feet.
  2. Go to setup.athom.com to reinstall
  3. Reinstall through your browser, do not switch to the mobile app
  4. While the Homey is searching for updates, press the ALT button. Select ā€˜Download full updateā€™
  5. When prompted, choose: Keep your user data

If that also fails: I do not know about your other RF devices, but some people are having problems with KAKU devices since the 7.x version of the KAKU app came out. The community store has the old version thanks to @Rocodamelshekima so you could try if that changes things for you: Homey Community Store (make sure you log in at the community store and have the community app on your Homey if you want to install it).

Thanks for great advice! Will try this. The device Iā€™m trying to add now is the ā€œHugloā€ roller blinds produced by Jysk (Danish). Itā€™s supposed to work with the app called Sunway Window Coverings. Will try the reset you describe tomorrow, and then post the result here.

Though it looks like Sunway is not KaKu/CoCoā€¦
Huglo isnā€™t mentioned as supported:

Bofu doesnā€™t seem to work either, and the app developer canā€™t be contactedā€¦

Same Homey firmware version too?

A longshot: maybe Somfy RTS works with it?

Yes, I know the device is not one of those, but according to multiple sources, it will work fine as the ā€œBrel Blindsā€ device. Havenā€™t tried Somfy RTS, but will do! But I do find it a bit hard to believe that the fact that I donƦt get contact with any of my RF devices (across apps) is a coincidence.

1 Like

Start troubleshooting with fe a simple KAKU remote and KAKU socket.
If the Remote works with the socket you have at least 1 good Transmitter and one good receiver.
Try Homey to learn the Remote and try to learn the Socket from Homey.

So, Iā€™ve tried some things without luck:

• Powered off and let it be off for 30 minutes

• Set in recovery mode and set up again, but I could not find how to use the browser as explained here. No matter which browser I used, it just sent me to the app with no other option. Anyone knows the trick here?

• went to the rf-section of the developer panel, and tried listening for the remote. Homey shows no signal received for either of the frequencies

Does it seem like RF module is just, and that I need to buy a new homey?

Use a PC or Mac, and/or remove the app for a while? It should be a link on the bottom of the page if I remember correctly. It is the procedure Iā€™d most expect to be helpful. Did you also contact Athom for help?

I cannot find it on a PC browser at all. May seem like they have removed this optionā€¦ Also cannot find the community store app in the normal app store. Has it been blocked, perhaps? Or do you need to install it in a different way than through the normal app store?

Press the Alt key to continue in the browser

You are browsing to http://setup.athom.com/ right? There is no PC Homey app, that was kind of the point. :slight_smile:

Thatā€™s a tricky question!

Right, the link appeared when I held the ALT-button. Thanks for the help, will try this way of restoring then!

Itā€™s independent (from Athom)

Now I have tried the full restore (with full download), and Iā€™ve also tried the community store KAKU app, but still no sign of contact with any of the RF devicesā€¦ I suppose contacting Athom or the retailer is the last option now. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Thatā€™s a pity.
One last try: With earlier updates I had to push several kaku remote buttons for a few minutes, before Homey ā€œcame to lifeā€ at 433MHz.

Did your Homey ever fall to the ground? Maybe the 433MHz antenna broke off.

I had the same issue some months ago.
I tried also a lot of possibillities.
Only reset to default solved the issue.
All devices had to be connected again after that.

Did you try restoring a backup after the full reset?

I chose to ā€œkeep my dataā€. I would assume that is the same as restoring from a backup, given that the device is first restored? I can maybe try to set it up completely blank like Pas says, and see if that makes a difference. I suppose I can restore from a backup later