Restore backup from Homey Pro to Homey Cloud

Looks like the pro SOM is about 93 dollars, but remember the bridge need to have a similar SOM. It still needs to have a processing unit even if its just a bridge. so lets say they have the smallest one from Solidrun which is about 80 dollars…

It doesn’t, it runs on an ESP32 that costs a few €€€/$$$

1 Like

ok, fair enogh. But my point is still valid. The price tag for homey pro is way above what it cost

Isn’t that with any device though?
An iPhone also costs about 400-500 euro in materialen, but you pay 1200 euro for it.

1 Like

So you sum up the hardware cost. And who’s gonna design, build, distribute it for free? Without firmware it is dead in the water. Without any apps to support hardware it is dead in the water. Without Athom’s servers it is dead in the water or at least crippled. And all the firmware updates you get afterwards? And the support? And support for new devices in Athoms apps? For years and years on end, much longer than a EUR 800 phone ever will? All free I suppose? Or do you have any experience to be able to sum up those costs as well?

But we’re going way off topic here. You will probably never be able to restore Pro backups on cloud. The apps look the same but aren’t, and only a part of the apps is supported. Maybe at some point Athom will consider a way to convert Cloud to Pro as an upgrade path, but as the internals of the apps currently differ at points, I doubt it will be feasable soon.

1 Like

So funny to read your comments!
Mr. Always Right… never admit you were wrong :+1::rofl::upside_down_face::beers:

1 Like

Glad that i can entertain you! :slight_smile:

1 Like