Remove or reorder a zone

After the update to 2.0.0 (stable) I started to arrange my devices in to more zones. One of the old zones ‘Begane grond’ that has no more devices cannot be removed. After trying to remove this zone the name cannot be changed also. After a Homey reboot the name can be changed again however removing the zone is still not possible. No errror messages are shown. This is the first zone in the zone list below the ‘root’ zone ‘Thuis’.

Is there a way to reorder how the zones are listed, they are now ordered in creation order…

In homey v2.0.1 the zones will be ordered alphabetical, ordering them otherwise is not possible (yet), you can “sort” the then by changing the name (IE 1Living Room).

As for not being able to delete downstairs you’ll have to contact athom on their support, as they don’t read along here (most of the time).

You can only remove zones which are empty, As its not currently possible to reorder, you will need to create a support ticket to request this new feature. https://support.athom.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

The zone is empty so that may not be the problem here.
Thanks for your help, I will contact Athom support.

Did this get resolved?

Just got my new Homey Pro - how do you rename Zones or create/delete them - I have going around and around the interface but cannot figure it out.

Thanks to anyone who responds

Go to the Zones page, in right upper corner, there is a cog-wheel, press that, tip on the wanted zone, an right arrow is shown, tip that arrow, and if the zone is empty, the Remove button will be shown.

Awesome - Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

I renamed a Zone but the flow cards still output the old name for “Zone”. Is this a bug?

Hoey uses ID’s for flows and devices, Names are not always updated throughout the system (unfortunately), in your flows you can update the Names manually.

you mean I can use the real name instead of “Zone”?

You can also create a new zone with the wanted name, then move all the devices to the new zone, afterwards remove the old zone.

In my case it’s actually the main zone, the apartment. I can only add zones as children, is there a way to add a sibling to the root?

No, there is only one root zone.

this means I can’t do anything about Homey not propagating the renamed root label

did you try to reboot
did you try to PTP (Pull The Homey-Plug for 15 minutes and then let Homey do his things for 30 minutes)

Hahaha, PTP might be the solution that often works. Need to try it once the guests are gone