Question regarding dashboards

Looks like a typo :sweat_smile: it’s hevigesneeuw

Oh the icons with an equal name but with a trailing n are called at nighttime.

But I don’t think translating it will work for 100%, while the weather descriptions in Norsk or English can differ from the literal translations.
You’ll find out when there’s no icon: check the description @ my.homey.app and rename a matching weather icon.

@Tiwas When you still need it, these are the descriptions used by Openweathermap and Homey:
en:
name: English
description:
200: thunderstorm with light rain
201: thunderstorm with rain
202: thunderstorm with heavy rain
210: light thunderstorm
211: thunderstorm
212: heavy thunderstorm
221: ragged thunderstorm
230: thunderstorm with light drizzle
231: thunderstorm with drizzle
232: thunderstorm with heavy drizzle
300: light intensity drizzle
301: drizzle
302: heavy intensity drizzle
310: light intensity drizzle rain
311: drizzle rain
312: heavy intensity drizzle rain
313: shower rain and drizzle
314: heavy shower rain and drizzle
321: shower drizzle
500: light rain
501: moderate rain
502: heavy intensity rain
503: very heavy rain
504: extreme rain
511: freezing rain
520: light intensity shower rain
521: shower rain
522: heavy intensity shower rain
531: ragged shower rain
600: light snow
601: snow
602: heavy snow
611: sleet
612: shower sleet
615: light rain and snow
616: rain and snow
620: light shower snow
621: shower snow
622: heavy shower snow
701: mist
711: smoke
721: haze
731: sand,dust whirls
741: fog
751: sand
761: dust
762: volcanic ash
771: squalls
781: tornado
800: clear sky
801: few clouds
802: scattered clouds
803: broken clouds
804: overcast clouds

nl:
name: Dutch
description:
200: onweersbui met lichte regen
201: onweersbui met regen
202: onweersbui met zware regenval
210: lichte onweersbui
211: onweersbui
212: zware onweersbui
221: onregelmatig onweersbui
230: onweersbui met lichte motregen
231: onweersbui met motregen
232: onweersbui met zware motregen
300: lichte motregen
301: motregen
302: zware motregen
310: lichte motregen/regen
311: motregen
312: zware motregen/regen
313: stortbuien en motregen
314: hevige stortbuien en motregen
321: zware motregen
500: lichte regen
501: matige regen
502: zware regenval
503: zeer zware regenval
504: extreme regen
511: koude buien
520: lichte stortregen
521: stortregen
522: zware stortregen
531: afwisselende stortbuien
600: lichte sneeuw
601: sneeuw
602: hevige sneeuw
611: ijzel
612: lichte ijzel
620: lichte sneeuw
621: natte sneeuw
622: hevige sneeuw
701: mist
711: mist
721: nevel
731: zand/stof werveling
741: mist
751: zandstorm
761: mist
762: vulkanische as
771: rukwinden
781: tornado
800: onbewolkt
801: licht bewolkt
802: half bewolkt
803: zwaar bewolkt
804: geheel bewolkt

1 Like

For mye use, that’s expensive :rofl: But…if it’s one free dashboard you might get me hooked! I’ve logged in now, and would be happy to give it a god :slight_smile:

Another option: I use HomeKitty to publish devices to Homekit. Then I use the App HomeDash as Dashboard on an old i Pad mounted to the wall. I don‘t really use Homekit other than that there is plenty Dashboard software available for Dashboard

Thanks, but my home’s apple free, so that won’t work for me :slight_smile:

1 Like

That dashboard looks great! Do you mind explaining step-by-step how you did this?

There are already several guides on how to do this on this forum, so I won’t make another one. Just search for ‘dashboard home assistant’.

Still, I will provide a short description of my setup.

My dashboard is made using Home Assistant that I have installed on a raspberry pi. Homey sends my devices to Home Assistant through MQTT, and from there I setup my dashboard cards on Home Assistants user interface (Lovelace). It’s actually pretty straight forward.
A few elements on my dashboard are not Homey based and are added directly to Home Assistant. For instance the weather card.
I have found that pretty much anything I can imagine putting on my dashboard, someone else has already done it, and there are instructions on home assistants forums or somewhere on the great big internet on how to accomplish it.

How you set up your dashboard will most likely differ from how I set up mine, since we probably don’t have the same smart home devices and other equipment. Still. The design is simply home assistant with my chosen theme, so if you set it up this way, you will be able to get a dashboard that looks similar to mine.

Sharptools :+1::+1:.

1 Like

I “moved” from Homey2019 to Homey2023 and want to get my dashboard working again. But I’m already failing because I don’t know how to generate a token at the moment.
So far I was able to read the token by calling the URL: https://homey.ink / F12 key / selection: developer mode / console and then with the call:
http://Homey local:5080/cordash/app/?theme=web&lang=de&token=Token
start the dashboard. However, the token is currently no longer displayed in any browser.
Here I am now and don’t know what to do next. Maybe someone can tell me how to get the dashboard running again or how to get a token for the dashboard.

All good and working. When you “brood over” something for too long. I simply forgot to log in to the site: https://homey.ink/ before calling up the console with F12.

1 Like

I tried setting this up. Got everything connected, but HA wouldn’t automatically update. If I did a manual broadcast, everything would sync up just fine - just not if I let it do its job by itself.

How and where did you install the different parts of the mqtt?

I stopped using home assistant for my dashboard because of this reason. Wouldn’t update through mqtt. I was not able to fix it. So I started using sharp tools instead.
You can see my new dashboard in this post:

1 Like