[Pro][Dashboard] SmartDash - a dashboard for Homey

This is a todo

1 Like

I have 3 Eufy cameras hanging outside and want to show them on my dashboard via image widget. All 3 of these are shown on my iPad, but when I read the backup from my iPad to my iPhone and NSPanel, I do not see a camera image.
Afbeelding

Hi, in ns panel try to enabling unsecure certificates in setting menu and check if the url are restored correctly in widget setting.
You use the same connection method? local or cloud?
Last thing, SmartDash is the same version?

Edit, i read quickly, i thought you were using the virtualCamera widget

I enabled the unsecured certificates and checked the url but no image. The NSPanel has been updated with the latest version. When I start a new image widget from my NSPanel and choose Image id, I do not see a preview for any option. The Image Owner URI also does not provide a preview. This is also the case on my iPhone. Everything has been updated to the latest version. In the Eufy app within Homey you can see the images and I think they are local to Homey.

i think that eufy app don’t store image in homey gallery folder, maybe it’s only an remote url.
Try to check the device with https://tools.developer.homey.app/ if they have the “images” pupulated with a camera preview

if the image preview don’t work is because the image is corrupt or isn’t image.
At me for example, with alexa echo, the music cover some time is created and some time not

How strange that it works on my iPad with the same backup. On the iPad you will see a preview in the widget with the same image ID.

The Eufy device has 2 images if you look at the developer tools. Another dashboard app (HDasboard) retrieves it from the device.

Yes is strange. iPad is connected local or by cloud?
Try to update iPad SmartDash to latest version for excluding a bug in latest update

Local

Ok, ns panel pro also

Yes, iPad is update to 1.4.64 and work fine.
NSPanel also local

I found a URL to the camera image via the developer tool. I pasted this into the virtual camera widget and it works well. I think I’ll just use it that way. It’s strange that it works on the iPad. If I need to test anything else please let me know.

Tomorrow I try to add an alert if image is broken

1 Like

Hi, i have released an update for ns panel pro, there was a bug with the options for hide the updateTime, maybe the problem is related.
Try this first attempt, also trying to change the options of the widget

I have updated the NSpanel but it is not working properly now. All panels are gone. I have read back a backup but that doesn’t help. Restarting also no longer shows any panels.

The Dashboard button does not work. the panels still exist.

Hi, i corrupt the app, sorry :smiling_face_with_tear:

I released an fix for this

The Dashboard is back, thanks. The image widget does not work yet. The camera images are not visible on the nspanel. The URL I added yesterday to the virtual camera widget also no longer works. I think the URL will be replaced overnight by Homey with a new token in the URL. Hopefully you will find out why it works on the iPad but not on the napanel. In the meantime, I will continue building beautiful dashboards :wink:

Just as an addition. I also have the KNMI app on my Homey. This also contains images that are not displayed on the nspanel with the image widget. They are shown on the iPad. Maybe you can test yourself whether it works for you on your nspanel?

A HomeyImage widget has 2 options:

1. Imaged Id: static reference to an image. Some devices have after inactivity, app restart or Homey restart another image Id. In that case the reference won’t work anymore
  2. Image Owner URI: dynamic. Refers to the owners name of the image. When the id changes, the app will look for the name and finds ONE id. This won’t work well for KNMI, because of the multiple images in one KNMI app. There are multiple Titles for KNMI in the capabilitiesObj Json.
    @diapolon Maybe the “Image Owner Mode” could be extented with the title of an (KNMI) image.

How much free internal (storage and application) memory does the NSpanel have? Enough for images?

A little bit, didn’t have the time to really dive into it. (Just started a new job)
Will come back with my design and current state this weekend.