[Pro][Dashboard] SmartDash - a dashboard for Homey

Do you mean the effect of an icon when turned on?

Yes, that’s what I mean.

It’s text-shadow css

v 0.240604.1

• Completed the function for control the active panel by Homey variable. Now timeout work: when the timeout expire the variable is reset to 0
1 Like

test: value is set to 1 / timeout: disabled. When I choose panel 2 (on the DB itself) the panel goed back to nr.1 in a couple of seconds.

As mentioned earlier I would like to see if I choose a panel in the DB itself it will set the variable to the corresponding number of the panel. So that I can decide by using Homey which panel needs to be activated and for how long.

Use case for instance: my panel nr.2 exists of choices for playlists and radio channels to play on Google. I would like to be able to do 2 things:

• when I choose a input (a virtual button-tile), return directly to 1 (possible). But now I have to be really fast to choose :slight_smile: because panel 1 will be activated automaticaaly within seconds.
  • if nothing chooses (but is active panel) return to 1 after 30 seconds (i think now not possible).

CSS no loading in latest version?
Could you give some more details what has changed?

I made an error with panel css… sorry, fix is coming.
In this release the panels are all loaded (and updated) in dashboard, in previous version only the current panel are loaded. Now a not visible panel can interact: for example if you have a rtsp stream in second panel and is visible the first panel, if you use the variable system for show the rtsp stream, now work

The sync. between Homey and Smartdash has to run 24/7 being able to receive the panel to be opened from a Homey flow. Is this correct?

No, is SmartDash that ping Homey variable every 2second

v 0.240604.2

• Completed the function for control the active panel by Homey variable. Now timeout work: when the timeout expire the variable is reset to 0
  • Fixed CSS panel bug: you need to replace old syntax .dashboard with the new .panel

Are these the 2 seconds @Hielke_de_Jong is talking about?

I would expect that the value of the predefined variable decides which panel to be opened. If you wish that the panel switches x seconds later to another panel, the Homey flow waits x seconds and than changes the panel number variable.
When you switch to another panel manually, the panel won’t switch anymore automatically until SmartDash goes in sleeping mode…

The system need others adjustment. For now:
If you disable timeout, Smartdash show always the panel in Homey variable and disable auto switch. You need to add a virtual button in the panel for manual reset.
If you choose a timeout, after this, Smartdash reset the variable and restore the auto switch.

I need to add an option for immediate reset of variable and the reset when you manual change the panel with toolbar button

v 0.240604.3

• Fixed CSS panel bug: you need to replace old syntax .dashboard with the new .panel.
    PLEASE WAIT: make a backup first before updating. Changing a CSS panel without replacing all .dashboard to .panel will remove all .dashboard lines.
  • Completed the function for control the active panel by Homey variable.

Homey Variable Control: How it work

• you need to choose a Homey numeric variable that can control SmartDash panel to show.
  • when Homey change to variable to 1,2,3,4,5,6 SmartDash show the corrispondent panel if it’s enabled and if as a widget: the app exit from screensaver and pause autoswitch (if enabled)
  • when you manual change the active panel the numeric variable is set to 0 (reset)
  • if you enable timeout the numeric variable is set to 0 when the timeout is expired

Users updating to latest version: make a backup first before updating. Saving CSS code on a panel without replacing all .dashboard to .panel will remove all .dashboard lines.

On Android the Android back button won’t react anymore on my tablet; can’ t close the app anymore. Only via memory clearance it is possible using Android 11 and 14.

Just updated: in panel 2 my CSS starting with .dashboard was still there so I only changed it to .panel.

My back-button is still working

fix is coming

* when you manual change the active panel the numeric variable is set to 0 (reset)
* if you enable timeout the numeric variable is set to 0 when the timeout is expired

Any reason to choose 0 and not to set it to the number of the panel? or you plan to change this in feature? Just would like to know if I have to get used to this :slight_smile:

I changed my flow to activate panel 2 after making a choose in panel 2 and that works like a charm :+1: :+1:

And a question about: if enabled. Is this because of human logic or technically logic? I see an advantage of being able to activate a panel which is disabled (and has widgets). This when you do not want the ‘user’ of the dashboard being able to start the panel by choosing it from the menu. But need to pop up if something is happening (like someone at the door).

v 0.240604.4

• Fixed CSS panel bug: you need to replace old syntax .dashboard with the new .panel.
    PLEASE WAIT: make a backup first before updating. Changing a CSS panel without replacing all .dashboard to .panel will remove all .dashboard lines.. Added an alert for this
  • Completed the function for control the active panel by Homey variable.
  • Fixed backbutton regression

Homey Variable Control: How it work

• you need to choose a Homey numeric variable that can control SmartDash panel to show.
  • when Homey change to variable to 1,2,3,4,5,6 SmartDash show the corrispondent panel if it’s enabled and if as a widget: the app exit from screensaver and pause autoswitch (if enabled)
  • when you manual change the active panel the numeric variable is set to 0 (reset)
  • if you enable timeout the numeric variable is set to 0 when the timeout is expired

Is for technically logic. For your use case a status “hidden” is more correct :+1:

1 Like

the Homey variable is numeric and the panel start from 1: so is correct to consider 0 as not enabled.