[Pro][Dashboard] SmartDash - a dashboard for Homey

Maybe reason for adding ‘Homey-companion-app’. So user can upload own default-images to Homey. And through the settings in this app user controls which images to use.

What rss reader you use? I can make some test.
I can add a list of default image to choose, transparent, music and others or use the icon font for apply it to a image transparent

I use this RSS reader for Homey:

With some advanced flows and Homeyscript I use this RSS app to create this SmartDash news panel with the 8 latest news facts from a few Dutch media (older screendump):

Please register these improvements and functionality extensions in Github.

Wow, you have used json variable for format the rss?

If you are looking for inspiration for SmartDash, you could have a look at Dashboard; almost 1 year in beta, and only available via this link, but not searchable in Homey app store afaik.
Dashboards App voor Homey | Homey

Advantage: screen lay-out drag and drop.
Disadvantage: no CSS when I tested it 0.5 year ago nor menu driven “make-up”

Yes. Could I improve this?

I know it :+1:

Would drag and drop defining end-user screen lay-out be feasible in SmartDash?

I can create rss widget, like json variable but with the tipical rss fields

Perhaps you could make a poll with your new ideas. Forum members can add extra ideas. Everybody can vote for their top 3/top 5 features?
A new idea can be:

• new functionality
  • functional improvement existing functionality
  • technical changes.

Good idea!

Disadvantage of a RSS reader is, that media rewrite their news header quite often. This will create a new RSS line with a new date/time and without an unique identifier. Consequence: a number of news items that are very similar, and a duplicate detection seems impossible.

Pin pad is completed.
Actually it work only when click the setting button in toolbar

For the widget, i was thinking about changing the lock option: no more disable/enable but disable/enable/pin

Browsing the web I found the app Scrypted that can hack into the video feed of ring and If I understand it correctly can restream it by a new rstp stream. I need to test this if it works, but looks promising. It made me wonder if smartdash can handle a rstp stream before I go all in to get scrypted working?

It would be awesome that you could with changing variable to a page and awake screen seeing a live view of you doorbell cam on Nspanel or Tablet

I can’t embed the rstp stream in widget tile, maybe i can open it in a fullscreen view.
This because rstp need a streamserver to transcode rstp in compatible format
We can make some test with a debug version in nspanel pro

That would be nice, but first I will test scrypted if it even works.

v 0.240506.1

• Added ability to set a pin for access to settings.
    When enabled an icon appear on setting button, if you unlock the unlock is valid for 1min.
    If the pin pad is visible it autoclose after 30sec

Screenshot 2024-05-06 alle 11.37.56

• Added ability to set an icon placeholder for VirtualCamera Widget and HomeyImage Widget
1 Like

I have Scrypted working. Can send the Ring RTSP rebroadcast URL to homekit and watch it in VLC. If you have time it would be nice to also have the possibility to send it to SmartDash.

The URL looks like this:
rtsp://192.168.1.241:52969/86020cb8b310e898

a floating lock

This with Android Landscape mode

The important thing is that it works :sweat_smile:
What is the resolution of the device?