[Pro][Dashboard] SmartDash - a dashboard for Homey

Check

Other thing I’m trying is to set panel css for genericsocket widgets, can’t get is to work. What am I doing wrong?

.dashboard { background: url("https://images.hdqwalls.com/download/abstract-cube-digital-art-5k-hc-480x800.jpg ") no-repeat center -40px; background-size: cover }
.dashboard .widget .genericsocket .content {background: rgba(0,0,0,0.7);box-shadow:1px 1px 5px #00FFFF}
.dashboard .widget .genericsocket .content .box {margin-top: -10px}
.dashboard .widget .genericsocket .content .mdi {font-size: 50px}
.dashboard .widget .genericsocket .content .name {margin-top: 70px; font-size: 14pt; font-weight: 550}
.dashboard .widget .genericsocket .tapped .content {background: rgba(0,255,255,0.7)}

.widget.genericsocket

No space

great that was it! thanks

With the standard virtual camera it seems impossible to change the url with a flow.
I have installed the Homey app Device Capabilities. With this app you can define a virtual camera and load the Ring snapshot; the image is visible in Homey. Question is: are you able to read such a “Advanced Virtual Device/Camera”?

Yes i have tried some time ago, the url is in setting params.
Try if in device info in smartdash is present the url

Is not working in panel CSS I need to put it in the widget. Is this because it is a triggered function?

No Url in device info. One device can contain multiple virtual devices, so it’s quite complex.
Is the solution with a dynamic url in a variable feasible?

Yes, no problem!

I don’t remember where is added .tapped, try to concatenate with .genericsocket or .content

it was .genericsocket.tapped concatenate indeed!

Love this ability to set global page css, saves a lot of time!

Only have to set it one time per page and every widget I add get its layout!

The Ring image is in the Homey Images folder with the name “homey:app:com.amazon.ring”. Only the Id is different each time. Can you access the image on its name?

There is an API that returns the list of all images, I don’t know if it’s useful. Have to try it

In “images” on my Homey the following is available with an url (finally)!:

'0bd35bf0-7524-4782-8429-80966a996a80': n {
    __athom_api_type: 'HomeyAPI.ManagerImages.Image',
    id: '0bd35bf0-7524-4782-8429-80966a996a80',
    ownerUri: 'homey:app:com.amazon.ring',
    url: '/api/image/0bd35bf0-7524-4782-8429-80966a996a80',
    lastUpdated: 1714453534548
  },

My local url of the Ring image is:

https://192-168-2-40.homey.homeylocal.com/api/image/0bd35bf0-7524-4782-8429-80966a996a80

For each snapshot the id could change. After a Homey reboot the id changes in all cases.

v 0.240430.2

1 Like

This can work but has some problems because you have to filter the list by app ring:

1. it can be slow if there are many photos
  2. what happens if one has 2 ring cameras?
  1. With HomeyScript the request for a specific image is as fast as for devices with an equal number of records.
  2. I only have one Ring doorbell. Anyone experience with multiple Ring doorbells or Ring cameras and their storage in the image directory of Homey?
  1. It depends from user to user but in general it’s not a problem
  2. Could be a problem, but i can use lastUpdated for get the new screenshot created, maybe it solves it.

Perhaps it is better to create a VirtualRingCamera Widget and do not modify the original VirtualCamera Widget

1 Like

Alternatives preventing a lot of widgets variants/tiles:

• define a dropdown with options in existing VirtualCamera Widget, or
  • let a user type in the image name, and the logic will find the local url. This could be used for other Doorbell brands or for album sleeve image.

I agree, choosing a text variable that contains the URL can be a good alternative (However, I would already have the appropriate working widget ready)

Because of the dynamic urls changing frequently, I think that setting up the image name in SmartDash and the SmartDash logic searching in Homey images for the current url, and loads the image with that url, is a better solution. Easy talking, but I don’t have to and can’t program it…