Power-on event Neo Coolcam power plug

I see something strange with Homey 2.0.2 and Neo Coolcam app 2.0.17. I created a flow that is triggered by the event that the power plug is switched on. The flow should switch off the power plug after a designated amount of minutes. I have tested 3 situations.

1. The power plug is switched on in another flow. When I click the device I see the start time. The flow is started correctly. After the designated amount of time I see the end time when I click the device. The device is switched off. As expected.
  2. The power plug is switched on via Devices in the Homey app. When I click the device I see the start time. The flow is started correctly (I write something in the log when the flow starts). After the designated amount of time I do not see the end time when I click the device. The device is not switched off.
  3. The power plug is switched on manually by pushing the small button on the power plug itself. When I click the device I do not see the start time. The flow is not started correctly. And of course the device is not switched off.

I am new with the Homey, since January 2019, so I am not really sure. Is this behaviour to be expected? Or could it be an issue with the Neo Coolcam power plug or app? Does the Fibaro plug react differently?

Can you show your flows?
I expect that it will be something at your flows

You do not have an and function?
You use now an if (anders) statement to write to your LOG, that will never be used if there is no AND statement.
So in principle you never do write something to your LOG now.

If (anders) is only used if the AND statement is not true

You should remove the Else (anders) from your Than (dan) part of the flow.
Put both in the Than part without the Else in between.

You are right about the ‘Else’ of course. Thanks. I don’t understand how I missed that.
But I am still wondering about issue 3. Should I expect to see something happening in Homey when the power plug is switched on manually by pushing the small button on the power plug itself?

I think I know what the problem is. Apparently the power plug is close enough to the Homey to receive commands, but not close enough to send status updates to the Homey. When I am quite close to the Homey pressing the button on the power plug, the status does get updated. The next floor is too far.

Do you have more 230V powered devices?
Because then you can build a Meshnetwork and should you have everywhere a good reach.
I do have z-Wave devices at the first floor working fine because of the Meshnetwork

Not yet. My Homey is still relatively new. I am thinking about adding one or two Fibaro power plugs to the mix. The Neo Coolcams are relatively cheap and look nice and sturdy enough, but there are more reports that their range is not as good as the Fibaro.

I changed all plugs and PIRS from Fibaro to Neo.
IMO Neo is much more reliable

Beside that I do use quite a lot of Fibaro build in switches. They all operate very nice.

So I do advice to use NEO for PIRS and Plugs

Well, since you can buy 3 Neo’s for the price of one Fibaro, you then already have a 3 node mesh for the same price… :stuck_out_tongue: Thus range problem solved if you place them strategically. :+1: