[POLL] How many apps you have running not in store or via CLI

Now that the back-up function is live in (the experimental) 4.0 and the restore does NOT restore apps that are not in the app-store, i was wondering how many of u guys have apps running that are not in the store.
This is about apps that where installed before 2.0 f.e. or apps downloaded and adjusted for ur own needs. Like a Fibaro app, adjusted the non-secure adding part and installed via CLI. Or the Alexa TTS app installed before it vanished.
This also goes for the apps running on an older version and u don’t want it to update. After a restore all apps will be downloaded with the newest versions available in the app-store! Like the 4.x Sonos app where the soundboard works with every Sonos speaker instead of the 5.x version where this would only work with Beam, Play5 v2 and the One. Or maybe u have the 4.0.11 Hue app running and don’t want to update that app to the 4.4.2 version which is eating memory like he was hungry for at least 3 weeks?

So, how many apps do u have that are gonna change after a back-up/restore action?

1. Maybe just 1 or 2
  2. Between 5 and 10
  3. More then 10
  4. None, all are from app-store and up to date

I will try to keep the score in the following post.

PS. U can also PM me ur option if u don’t wanna react in this topic. Or find me in one of the Slack channels.

1 Like

1 . 16
2 . 6
3 . 1
4 . 17

option 1

1 Like

Optie 4

1 Like

Option 4

1 Like

Option 4, (fibaro app installed by CLI some time ago to include unsecure, but now overwritten with most recent app-store after this was done). I am assuming that in case of a restore, fibaro devices will still be unsecure…

1 Like

Untill a re-add yes.
Unless we first install apps after a restore and after that add the devices (secure) again?

Production Homey: Option 1
Development Homey: Option 2

1 Like

Option 4

1 Like

Option 2

1 Like

Option 4

1 Like

1 Like

Option 4

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

1 Like

Option 2

1 Like

Option 2

1 Like

Option 2. Few modified apps, and some I’ve developed myself. Pitty backup just won’t installed apps!

1 Like

Option 1

1 Like