Philips hue - broken on 5.5.8 update

it seems that the ikea tradfri app is no longer working properly also ;-(

Same here it is pure amaturistic and a shame That nobody remembered to take in mind the changes made by Philips . When is this repeared because this is very anoying

Yes the issue being that the discovery url is being rate limited since today.

Just started working again. All actions got fired at once (last hours) :stuck_out_tongue:

Just this very second started working againā€¦ this is why my wife wont let me automate anymoreā€¦

1 Like

Source?
Tradfri (w/o gateway) works fine @ Homey pro overhere

Yep, hier werkt het ook weer :grinning:

Itā€™s working again! I really like to know what the issue was, and what the chances are it will happen again!

2 Likes

Yep here is it also working again.

Yes working again !!!

1 Like

Fair play to Athom for sorting it that quickly, guess itā€™s a key app, I was expecting days of down time.

1 Like

I will try to say again discovering a bridge works via https://discovery.meethue.com/ which is polled by the app and gets rate limited. Todays update tried to prevent triggering this rate limit by increasing the poll interval. It was not the cause of the issue.

I donā€™t see any evidence of that.

I do see, however evidence that suggests that the discovery service/method has changed/deprecated.

Well you gave no evidence of your assumption so why should I? You can spam https://discovery.meethue.com/ for like 120 times until you hit a 429 restart the app and you can trigger this issue yourself (if you are not already experiencing it).

Go to support.homey.app
Wait for the orange pop-up
Follow the link.

Hier werkt het ook weer, wel al mijn lampen kwijt

This evening all (Hue) lights did not switch on, so first I did a reboot of Homey, which did not correct the problem (still no contact with the Hue components) as I did see the the driver as updated, I did a re-install of the Hue driver. This seems to solve the problem . . . . . (a bit) weird . . . . or did the update or downgrade the driver again?
Rudi

Thereā€™s a lot of misinformation here.

Signify, the company behind Philips Hue, suddenly added rate limits without letting their partners (us) know.

Their discovery is not deprecated. Links refering to that are something else thatā€™s deprecated (different url).

The Hue app for Homey makes use of all newest technologies. But when they change something without us knowing, we canā€™t do much about it.

We updated the Hue app very quickly to avoid the rate limits. Unfortunately, because this automatically restarts the app, and many users already hit the limits in their previous app session, the new app session couldnā€™t find the hue bridge. Well, shit.

However, the new app is compatible with the new rate limits. Within 24h everything should be back to normal.

Why weā€™re still using cloud-based discovery? Because we supported the Hue Bridge Gen. 1 much longer than they did. And it doesnā€™t support local discovery, only cloud.

So now our goodwill bites us. But itā€™s no excuse. We will migrate to local discovery ASAP.

Thanks for your trust in Homey :slight_smile:

43 Likes

As promised. Philips Hue v5.6.0 adds local (mDNS) discovery: Philips Hue | Homey

11 Likes