Pairing my spots (sun richer and inner)

Hi all,

I have Sunricher and innr spots (Zigbee) that I need to pair. 11 spots have paired successfully, but the last 2 haven’t.
Every time I try, it picks up one of the already-paired spots instead. I read online that removing the other spots might solve this, but we recently moved and these are recessed spots, so taking them out is really impractical and not really an option.

I only have a physical wall switch, and I use that to put the spots into pairing mode. This sometimes drops the connection of an already-paired spot, which then gets re-paired, instead of picking up the 2 spots that still need to be added.

Does anyone have the golden tip? After 1.5 hours I’m starting to give up a bit.

There’s no way to pair multiple devices at once with Homey. You might be able to use a Hue bridge and pair them with Hue (Hue bridge accepts most generic Zigbee lights, even brands other than Hue) and then pair the Hue bridge with Homey.

But there’s no way to pair multiple devices at once directly to Homey. The Hue Bridge does support this

But how else can I pair more lights? by switching the light on and off other spots lose the pairing sometimes. I just red about hue dimmer switch, ordered that. Could helpt to pair precisely the 2 spots that are not being paired the normal way.

No, the Dimmer Switch won’t work. That’s just a remote control.

With Homey, you can’t pair multiple lights at once. You need to pair them one by one, so remove the power from all lights except for one. Pair that light, then remove the power from it and connect power to light 2. And do the same for all others

Or you can get a Hue bridge and pair the lights via Hue, that’s also an option. But then they will join the Hue Zigbee network (they won’t extend Homey’s mesh since they aren’t paired directly to Homey)

The only option is to pair the spotlights one by one with Homey, acc. to the instructions of the spots. Ideally, this should be done before the spotlights are installed.

Regarding the Hue Dimmer Switch: You can use it with Philips Hue lights to put them into pairing mode. However, I don’t think this is possible with spotlights from INNR and Sunricher.

By the way, you do NOT need a Philips Hue Bridge to connect or control the spotlights with Homey.

You only need a Hue bridge to pair multiple lights at once.

If you power each one individually and pair them, then you can pair to Homey as well.

@moderators Doublepost with earlier topic https://community.homey.app/t/spots-pairen-gaat-mis-help/159889

I red that it’s possible with the dimmer switch for innr and sun richer. So let’s hope.
i had home assistant and wasn’t for me, so I switched to homey. And re-installing the spots is way to much work..

And the next obstacle, my wife likes to use the physical light switch. But I heard that using the light switchs, makes the zigbee network unstable.

Is there a work around? Because not using the switch won’t work. I have kids who are 1 and 3 years old, they will use the switch anyway… just for the fun of it.

But the dimmer switch is so I can specifically pair the lights that are not pairing right now. By holding the dimmer switch close. Because it got touch link. It’s not for pairing all the lights at once, but to pair the ones that are not pairing. Because every time I put the lights in reset mode by 6x using the light switch, other lights are coming in pairing mode or something like that to. So that’s what’s going wrong.

So I hope the dimmer switch helps me with the last 2 lights. Because removing all the other 11 lights is really not a good option for me..

Some options

  • Use a built-in wall switch that supports ‘detached mode’ that sits between the physical switch and the cable to you lights (e.g. some of the SONOFF and Shelly switches have this functionality).
  • Philips, targeted at Hue lamps, has a (battery powered) unit that you can build into the wall switch to which you attach the physical buttons and acts as a remote.
  • Replace the physical switches with (battery powered) scene switches. Those look like real switches, but are remotes.

In all cases the light is wired such that it is permanently powered or the built-in switch provides permanent power (in case of detatched mode).

Finally, instead (but I think you are passed that point), use ‘dumb’ lights and make the physical wall switch smart via a built-in smart switch (e.g. from SONOFF). This means of course that you only have the option to switch the lights on/off (and dim in some cases). This might be enough if you don’t want color changing lights.

@Peter_Kawa, double-posts in different languages are allowed acc. to Emile!

It’s true that the Hue Bridge and other Zigbee coordinators can pair multiple Zigbee devices at once. But then those devices aren’t directly paired to Homey. That doesn’t make sense if you want to use the spotlights to expand the Zigbee network of Homey.

That’s true. For this reason, Zigbee lights should not be physically disconnected from the power supply. This is strongly discouraged!

SunBeach has already listed several options as workaround. I have nothing more to add to that.

@Jeremy_Vos, please let us know briefly whether the INNR and Sunricher spots can be put into pairing mode using a Philips Hue dimmer switch.