Overheated network adapter - anyone had a problem with this before?

I’ve had quite a few hangs lately, even though I regularly restart my homey. Today, restarting it didn’t help and it didn’t seem to be able to connect to the network. Double checked as much as I could on the network until it finally occurred to me that I could disconnect the usb from the network adapter. A minute later, it had cooled down and things started up nicely.

Is this a known problem? If so, are there any known cures - or do I need to send it in for replacement?

Thanks!

Happened maybe once since I purchased HP23. In general the Network adapter is quite hot : [Modding] Various Homey Pro (Early 2023) Modification suggestions - #138 by Sharkys

Which power-supply do you use ?

Good to know it’s not just me being crazy - or my hp23 breaking.

I’m not sure what you’re asking about the psu, but I got the new and stronger usb plug. My hp is warm to the touch, but not so much that I’d be worried. The network adapter is, though. I didn’t like that heat at all, and I’ve only had temperatures this high in faulty cell phones with wireless charging. This can not be good for longevity.

Becuase I don’t use Athom 2nd version power adapter, using my own/3rd party…but anyway, if it’s hotter then those 45°C and getting frozen regularly, I suggest you to contact either Arhom or seller…

1 Like