Originele Xiaomi Smart Home Aqara Human Motion Sensor

Hi,

How many motion sensors can you connect to the homey? With me it ends already with … one. A soon as I try to connect a second one, it states the the device is already in use.

Am I missing something?

Rgds

I have three. As above, remove all sensors or even unistall Xiaomi app and reset sensor by keeping the button on it for 10 seconds then try again.

Currently having 8 sensors and they all work 100%

Okay, thanks for al the answers. I am re-ordering all the bits and bytes.

Rgds

Hi. Did you get it work?
I am trying to pair the motion sensors and the vibration sensors as well.
Unfortunately I cannot. :roll_eyes:

Make sure that’s the sensor is very close to the homey. Then hold the button on the sensor till it starts blinking.

Then push the button a few times more.

I have 4 working sensors at my apartment something I have an problem that an sensor stops working for half an day and then suddenly it starts to work again.

Is there a way to view a logfile what is going on?

I tried many times but it just won’t happen anything. Hmm … really strange.

How many Zigbee devices did you already include to Homey; and specifically how many battery powered endDevices vs mains powered routers?

Homey’s Zigbee implementation limits the amount of endDevices to 21 per routing device (of which Homey is 1).

Going to this limit, will block further inclusion of Zigbee devices; even adding additional routers.

Right now? There’s Zero devices installed, but I’ll
check in the dev web app to be sure… though there is no issue when adding door sensors.

But as I read this - 21 zigbee devices is the limit? G! That’s pretty few! Oh - it’s 20 devices per router - okay okay that’s enough to work out well. :slight_smile:

and

:thinking:

Can you check on Homey Developer Tools if the Zigbee Chip is initialized?

I have seen several reports where after the update to 2.0.0, the Zigbee chip would not come online. But then no Zigbee devices can be added.

A bit off-topic, but my Human Body Sensor was triggered by the movement of my cat, I left in a hurry from Christmas dinner to find my cat lying on the couch :rofl:

Is there any way to set the sensitivity?

Sometimes I had issues after installing them. The adding was not succesfull, … but the motion sensor was added after all in the ‘apparaten lijst’.
This happened a few times. Also with other zigbee (ikea spot) devices.

No, this is not possible and the down side of this cheap sensor.

Thx for taking care, Ted.

Yes, ZigBee is up and running. Window sensor installed w/o any problems and working fine (though the battery level is not shown correctly and an exclamation mark is shown on the main screens icon of the sensor)

Then again: tried all of the motion sensors (6) and all of the shock sensors (5 or 6) - but no chance, as nothing happens. :man_shrugging:

Ok, so I’m having the following issue. My setup is this:

Aqara motion sensor “kitchen”
Lamp Dinner table “kitchen” (klik aan klik uit)

Aqara motion sensor “corridor”
Xiaomi Philips bulb “corridor”

I’ve created flows in for each pair of devices. So the kitchen is a flow with lamp dinner table turning on when motion is detected in kitchen.
The other flow is when motion is detected in “corridor” the Philips bulb is turning on.

PROBLEM
When motion is detected in kitchen, the lamp dinner table is turning on, BUT also the Philips bulb on the corridor!

What I’ve tried
I’ve tried to delete the sensors each apart from each other.
I’ve tried to delete both of them and add them again.
I’ve tried to delete the app and the devices and then adding them again.

None of these things are solving my problem.

Interesting detail.
I’m having flows tot turn the lights off too. When there has been motion in the kitchen and both lights turn on, it takes 4 minutes to turn off again. But in this case, only the kitchen light is turning off.
So the interference problem persists only with the “detecting movement -> ON” trigger/flow.

I hope someone can help me out here.

Hi Ted, thx for your detailed answers and Thanks for a Great app. Followup question, I have 23 device and two routers (Homey and a Innr Light) but cannot add more zigbee device(aqara, Ikea trådfri) do I need to have both routers close to each others when adding new devices? Shall I remove some of the battery ones to be able to add more routers?