Hi,
I recently moved from Home Assistant to Homey. The last device I moved over was an Aqara Opple 4-button switch. It worked without any issues on Home Assistant, but I’m having trouble with it on Homey.. When I press a button, nothing happens. After several button presses, it sometimes eventually responds.
The Opple is only about 3 meters from my Homey Pro 2026 and is currently connected directly to Homey.
In order to figure out what causing this I created a very simple test Flow:
Button pressed → push notification
The notification is not triggered, so it seems that Homey is not receiving the button press event at all.
I initially suspected a Zigbee/network issue. I checked the Zigbee network in Developer Tools. The Opple initially routed through an IKEA plug, so I unplugged that plug. The Opple then connected directly to Homey, but the problem remained.
Since I wanted to keep controlling my roller shutters, I decided to try an IKEA BILRESA Dual Button (Matter over Thread) instead. Unfortunately, I’m seeing exactly the same behaviour with the BILRESA.
The BILRESA is online and connected to my Thread network. I also created separate test Flows for the upper and lower button but neither Flow is triggered.
I have also restarted Homey, but this did not solve the problem.
So at this point I have two different buttons using two different protocols. both devices appear online/connected, but button press events are not reaching my Flows.
This makes me suspect that the problem may be somewhere in Homey itself, the app integrations, or the processing of button events, rather than the physical buttons or the wireless protocol.
Has anyone experienced something similar, or can suggest what I should check next?