Nfc Tag's to start a flow

In this time I am in some testings
I use NFC tools that sends the web hook to homey
https://webhook.homey.app/64071ttujg8gghfd0b84144672/door?tag=tag1

(I’d is changed a lot )

So this works for me but for first, I would like to send the command to Homey without the browser opening window and second I would like to store on the tag a code or so (not the web address as now) and if the phone scanned this code it will start some app on background that’s send the web hook to Homey. I hope you can understand it because my English isn’t so good

1 Like

That the browser is being opened is because you’re using NFC Tools in combination with storing the URL on the tag itself. NFC Tools just sees a URL and assume it needs to be opened in the browser.

You probably have to find another app that does what you want (the app Macrodroid was already mentioned).

I downloaded the Macrodroid app but still hasn’t find out how it works :neutral_face:

I want to create a flow when I touch the tag Advanced flow starts but if the Shelly hasn’t reached the specified power level yet, it keeps trying repeatedly until the Shelly reaches that power level and sends me a notification?

I cant do any loop or something similar

@Tomas_Severa
First you make a new makro.
Give it a name
In the trigger field search for nfc.
Then make a name for the nfc trigger. Then scan the nfc.
Then go to Actions, search for http, choose that one.
Add here your webhook.
Save the macro and you are ready.

I hope this will work for you and that I have not missed a step.

1 Like

Oh great I will test it later I need to go at work now
Thank you

That work for me. Thank you

1 Like

New question here from a beginner.
I have read the whole topic and I understand most of it. I’m not yet very advanced when it comes to logic and I really dont understand what webhook is (allthough I’ve seen the word in flow cards :slight_smile:)

Now for my question:
Couldn’t you just use the built in feature “NFC” to start flows from a NFC tag read? (like the one in the picture)
In that case, how can I add the tag-ID’s and where do you usally find the ID of a certain tag?

Thank you for your patience :slight_smile:

That will only work on older Homey’s, and it works by keeping an NFC tag against Homey. That might be useful in some cases, but most of the time people want to use their phone to scan an NFC tag and then trigger a flow.

The NFC trigger card provides a tag/token that contains the tag-ID so you can send yourself a push notification with the ID, or make a timeline notification. Then use the specific “Tag XXX is detected” trigger card to start a flow when the tag with that ID has been scanned.

Ok, so no remote function is available with my Homey Pro 2019 and that buit in function referred to?

What would in that case be the most easy way to start learning this? Since I don’t really get the webhook feature quite yet… Is it complicated or am I just not used to it?

NFC was present until Early 2018 models, so indeed there’s no such thing on your Pro 2019.

Here’s a fairly new topic about scanning NFC tags with smartphones and how to send and use webhooks, so check it out:

2 Likes

I assumed an NFC tag reader was present because of the availability of the NFC tag trigger card (which isn’t available on my HP2023).

Thank you for the link to the topic. I’ll check it out.
Maybe my Homey is early 2018 sicne I have the cards for NFC. Oh well, I’ll look into using webhooks :slight_smile:

But do they work?

Have you checked it? it is visible in the App more … Settings
or fe here: My Homey
All 2016 and 2018 models have a NFC. (and disabled Microphone :smiling_face_with_tear:)

That is what I don’t know. Because I don’t know how to get hold of a certain NFC’s ID. The NFC card in Homey requests an ID for a specific tag.

It is a 2018 :ok_hand:t3:

Then you’re using the wrong card.

I don’t doubt that. But which one should I use (if we’re only talking about the built in feature)?

I already explained here.

You need to use the top card (which triggers on any card being scanned), then attach it to a timeline or push notification card where you can use the tag from the first card to show the scanned id.

2 Likes